Chapter 36

INIKOT NI Silence ang tingin sa buong kusina ng bahay ni Mir. It was elegant, spacious, and bright. For some, it would look plain as white color dominated the cooking area. From walls, ceiling, cabinets, and kitchen island.

Mir brought her here last night. He was telling her it is time for her to go home. She didn't know this was the home he was referring to, but the happiness— the surprise she felt was incredible.

Hanggang sa magising siya ay hindi parin siya makapaniwala na nasa bahay na siya ng binata. That this house could be her new home. A place where they could have their own family.

Nakagat niya ang labi saka sumandal sa kitchen island. Who would have thought that Mir will love her to this extent that he offered her his home.

"Sweetheart..."

Napalingon siya nang marinig ang tawag ni Mir. Silence smiled while looking at him only in his sweatpants. His top bare for her eyes to feast.

Nang makalapit ito ay agad siya nitong niyakap. Concealing his face to the crook of her neck while grumbling. His voice is still hoarse and deep.

"Why are you awake this early?" Mir sighed. "I'm still sleepy..."

Hinaplos niya ang likod nito habang sinusuklay buhok nito gamit ang isang kamay. "Why did you leave the bed then?"

"Can't go back to sleep without you," he replied then straightened. "What are you doing?" he asked and looked around. "You hungry?"

"Nope. I was thirsty and couldn't go back to sleep because I was excited to roam your house." Sinaklay niya ang dalawang braso sa leeg nito saka hinalikan ang tungki ng ilong nito. "I'm still on cloud nine after you told me this will be my home from now on. And seeing my painting in your bedroom wall was just an incredible thing to see."

"I'm more than delighted that you want to live here and that you love my house." Malalim itong humugot ng hininga. "I'm just..." he paused, sighing. "I'm just worried that your parents will make a fuss."

Naglapat ang labi niya sa sinabi nito ng pinaalala nito na may mga magulang pa pala siya. Their parents are so busy she has already forgotten to think about them while making decisions for her life.

"What would you do if my Mom and Dad will not like you?" she asked, rubbing her index finger on his cheek.

Mir stared at her before his lips slowly tugged into a cold smirk. "I have many alas..." He pulled her, pressing her more to his body. "Alas that I could use to make them give you up to me. Besides, I only care about Luc and Savannah's consent this time after knowing so much about you. They were the most who had kept you safe— Luc especially."

Silence hummed then sighed. "My parents aren't the best Mir but it would be nice if we tell them. I love them despite their absence." She shrugged and smiled.

Nagsalubong ang kilay nito. "Don't you hate it that your parents has totally shoulder every responsibility of looking after you and Savannah to Luc?" Umiling ito. "Luc has been like the parent to you while your real parents are having their own life."

She puckered her lips, twitching her shoulder nonchalantly. "I don't hate it... I don't know, maybe, I just didn't dwell on it. I was thinking our parents is treating my siblings the same. Like— you know, they are fair. Something like that."

Tumiim ang titig sa kanya ni Mir saka umiling. Bumitaw ito saka naupo sa kitchen island saka siya hinila para papwestohin sa nakabuka nitong binti.

"Sweetheart, do you hate someone?" he asked, out of the subject.

"No." Nag-isip siya. "But I have three people in mind. They irks me often and every time I remember them they annoys me."

"How do you treat them?"