Chapter 6

The tour seemed to drag on for what felt like ever. We had finally run out of things to talk about thus leaving us in an awkward silence. I was tankful when Ace had showed up saying there was a small emergency meeting at the border between the Vampire's and Wolf's lands. We walked the short distance to the border in silence, no one really in the mood for conversation. We arrived at the border in under 10 minutes. The wolves had 6 people waiting on their side of the border. I recognized Hade, Kyle and Zach but the 3 females looked familiar but I didn't know their names.

The tallest girl had beautiful mocha skin and silky raven hair that was pin straight and reached the tops of her shoulders. Her deep golden eyes studied us softly. She appeared unsettled by our appearance and she shifted her wait back and forth wanting to just wolf out. On her left was the smallest girl. She had gorgeous brown hair that hung in waves down past her waist. Her large almond shaped eyes looked at us curiously, she didn't appeared to be threatened by us but more intrigued. Her heart shaped face turned and looked at me, she smiled gently and a look of realization flashed in her eyes. She must have used her mind link to talk to the other girl who was average height between all three of them. She was originally looking off in the distance with a look of boredom and when she turned to look at me she turned back to the short girl and nodded her head. She had fiery red hair that cascaded down her back in beach waves, and her green eyes stared at me with a bored expression.

Zach stepped forward to greet us and introduce everyone. Why it was him doing all of the talking and not Haden left me puzzled. Haden's eyes were locked onto mine and neither of us could look away. I could see him still try and piece everything together. He wasn't interested in anything Zach was saying he was too focused on me. It took all my strength to look away from him and try and focus on why the meeting was called. Zach was just beginning to introduce who the girls were in height order.

"I'm glad you could make it on such short notice. I'd like to introduce you to Giana, Alexis and Emily."

We nodded in acknowledgement. Ace stepped forward and crossed his arms over his chest and gave a big tired sigh. "Let's cut to the chase why don't we. Why the hell did you call this meeting?"

"One of your kind crossed onto our lands earlier this afternoon. Haden was close by and came to investigate when they ran from him. He gave chase and the vampire attacked and ran off before Haden could call for support." My mouth dropped open and I glared at Haden who was staring at me with curiosity. I don't even know why I was so shocked I shouldn't be surprised it's a typically thing he would do. Make someone else out to be the bad guy leaving him the hero.

"That's a load of bull." I snapped before I could stop myself. I bit my cheek hoping to keep myself from saying any more.

"Excuse me? Cassandra, are you saying my alpha is a liar?" Zach asked, amusement laid in his eyes as he spat my name.

"Hell yes I am!! That's not what happened. I was taking a nice little run around the border when I got frickin blindsided by that psychopath!"

"You better watch your tone when you talk about my Alpha!" Kyle's eyes flashed angrily as he took a step towards me.

"Oh yeah? What's he going to do? Sick you on me? He already has Zach talking for him like a little lap dog!" I smirked watching Kyle start to shake with anger his eyes pitch black. He took another step towards me and swung his hand at my face. I ducked and sent a right hook right into his jaw. Kyle's head snapped to the side and before I knew it he shifted right in front of me. His front paws came down and sliced my upper arm deeply. I cried out in pain and clamped a hand down on the wound as blood started seeping down my arm. "You bitch!!"