Part 16: Jeju Day 4

The next day, was a very weird day. It was quite obvious from breakfast that Lia was avoiding me. When I asked her if she wanted something to drink, she went to get it herself and didn't even reply. She wouldn't even look in my direction. I felt as if I did something wrong.

I decided to give myself the benefit of the doubt and give Lia some space. Maybe she needed some time to herself, maybe she didn't necessarily hate me.

The group and I took a walk to various shops there were near our hotel. They had pretty jewelry and many souvenirs. I was thinking of buying on for our parents, they'd probably like it.

While browsing the catalogue for a nice pair of earrings, I kept glancing at Lia. She was with Beomgyu and Karina for most of the time. Something was eating me up inside, why was this so painful?

"Ryujin, you okay?" Yeji nudged me and whispered softly.
"Huh? Yes, I'm fine."
"Then why are you crying like this?"

She was right, I was crying quite a bit.

"I give up Yeji."

Lia P.o.V

I didn't know how to face Ryujin, especially after last night. I decided to leave her for a bit, besides, I didn't want to ruin anything between her and Yuna. I kept looking at Ryujin for brief moments. She seemed quite upset?

"This looks pretty nice? Right Beom, Lia?" Karina showed us a wallet she found in one of the shops.
"Yeah, pretty cool!" Beomgyu said.
"Hm, nice."

That was so unbearable. Ryujin...

Why is that you're the only one I think about? I hate this, so much. Why is Yuna the one for you? Why not me. I'm not that bad, and I can become better for you.

Our group took a trip to one of the local restaurants as it was getting a bit late. Chaeryeong noticed my mood was off, so she dragged me to the corner.

"Ok Lia, this is weird, what's wrong? Why haven't you talked to Ryujin for the whole day?"
"What do you mean?"
"Huh? Ryujin's been asking Yeji and I how you are, for the whole damn day! Just talk to her!"
"Chae, I can't- what..." Ryujin was checking up on me? Well, she is still my best friend.
"C'mon Lia, you can't let your feeling for her stop you from talking to her."
"It's not that easy! Ok? It's hard to love someone but.. but.. they love someone else! I'm tired."
"What are you talking about?"

Chaeryeong and I took a walk around the beach while I told her everything.

"Ryujin and Yuna are together, Chae."
"Lia, you're have no idea how wrong that is. Ryujin literally loves you. And it's quite obvious."
"No she doesn't, I even saw Yuna and Ryu."
"What were they saying?"
"Yuna said, Ryujin you should just tell Lia about it, you can't hide it in forever, she might be mad at you etcetera."
"Lia! I can't believe you! Ryujin is NOT with Yuna! Ryujin is in love with you."

"How do you know that!"
"Yuna is already with someone else anyway!"
"Wh- what?"
"Yes, she's in a relationship with her childhood friend." Chaeryeong tried to calm down.

What? So this was just a huge misunderstanding?

"O-oh."
"Whatever, now go talk to Ryujin."

No way was I going to talk to Ryujin after all this. Not today at least.

I decided to not go back to dinner and stay at the beach side. So it was clear, Yuna and Ryujin weren't together? But then... what were they talking about? And that doesn't mean Ryujin loves me? Argh, this is still hard.

*ring*

I heard my phone buzzing, oh it was Ryujin. Dammit, I have to pick it up.

"He-hey Ryuj- Ryu." I tried to stop my tears.
"Lia, where are you?"
"Just getting some fresh air."
"Why did you leave?"
"Sorry, I wasn't feeling well."
"I'm coming."
"What? No, Ryu, you stay there. Eat dinner."
"Already on my way."

Does she even know where I am? Probably, Ryu knows me so well. I sat on the beach alone for a bit and looked at the scenery. It was already 10 and the moon was shining vividly. I wish I could sit down and enjoy the scenery with her, I wish I could spend my whole life with her.

"Lia!" Ryujin came running, she was panting and... had a guitar in her hand? She also had a box in some restaurant packaging.

"Ryu... why were you running?"

"First answer my question, why are you here?"

"Because I wanted to." I brushed her off a bit.

"Jisu..." she sat down next to me, "here's your dinner. Don't leave without eating." She passed the box. She still cares for me so much.

"Sorry, I'll eat. Are you... mad at me?" I started to tear up again. She caressed my cheek and smiled a bit.

"No, I could never be mad at you."
"Ryujin..."
"Hm?"
"Why are you so perfect."
"What kind of question is that?" I saw she was a bit flustered.
"Why did you ignore me for the whole day, huh?" She continued.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to."
"It's okay - I understand." She teased me.

"Why did you bring your guitar?"
"To do what we usually do." She wore the strap around her. "Remember? We used to always sing songs while sitting on the beach."
"How could I forget? And our parents used to always complain and drag us home." We laughed.

These are the moments that I always cherish.

We sang multiple songs, and before we knew it, it was already 2 in the morning.

Time flies when you're spending it with someone you love.