Part 9

The next day, I went up Ryujin who was just lying down on the sofa watching a K-drama.

"Hey Ryu, I have to go out with the Literature Club again today, is that okay with you?" I asked her nervously, I don't know why I asked her. She stood up from the sofa and laughed.
"Of course you can Jisu, it's your decision. Just eat properly and don't be too late."
"Yeah yeah, of course." I laughed back.
"You know you don't need to ask me these things, right?" She looked back at me to ask.
"I know but I just like asking you these things, you know."
"If it makes you happy then alright." She went back to the sofa to continue her show.

Ryujin P.O.V
Of course I was alright with Lia going out because she's not a kid anymore. As long as she stays safe, I'm fine. But there was something that made me sad about this whole situation. I couldn't really spend time with her anymore, that really upset. Spending time with Lia is one of my favourite things to do.

Ultimately, I would be fine if this dinner thing happened once or twice a week but I suddenly realised that I'm not spending any time with Lia. She was going out for dinner almost every single day. I understood that Literature Club had a high demand but this was crazy. I wasn't able to spend any time with Lia.

A month went by and I realised out of that one month, I only spent around 3 or 4 days with Lia in the evening. That isn't fair.

"Ryu, I'm going out to dinner." She said while putting her coat on.
"Hey Lia, can we talk for a moment."
"Sure?"
I walked closer to her with some tears in my eyes.
"Do you really have to go?"
"I- I guess I do? Why?"
"Well Lia, it's just, it's just that we haven't been able to spend time together because you always have something planned." I said while scratching my arm, afraid to make eye contact.
To my surprise, Lia smiled and laughed, which made me look at her.
"What's so funny?" I asked confused.
"Nothing, you're just adorable you know Ryu." She said as she ruffled my hair. I'm adorable? "One second." She dialed up Yeji's number and said "Hey Yej, yeah so I won't be able to come today, but you guys have fun!"

I could hear Yeji from the phone go, "WHYYY LIA, aww we'll miss you."
"I have something planned with Ryujin, see you tomorrow!"
"Ooooh okay, have fun with Ryujin then, bye Lia!"

"Done." She said as put her phone away and taking her coat off.
"Oh - yeah, yes, so what do you want to do?" I realised that I was staring at Lia's face this whole time.
"How about a movie with ramen?" She smiled.
"That would be great! You go select the movie, I'll go make the ramen!"

That night was the first time in a long time that I felt at ease and enjoyed every moment with Lia. We shared a blanket on the couch, and as usual, she fell asleep on my shoulder within the first half an hour of the movie. She had one arm wrapped around my waist and was snuggled against me. Her face was only a few inches away from mine but I tried to control myself.

I love you so much Lia - to the point I'm actually scared.