Part 7

"Do you know where Lia is?" Chaeryoung asked harshly.
"The heck, no I don't."
"Are you sure? You guys went back in the same direction, you sure you don't know where she is?"
"Listen, I'm just here playing video games alone at home, don't bother me."
"Jeez, okay, calm down. Bye." Chaeryoung was about to cut the call.
"Is Lia gone or something?" Soobin asked.
"She's missing, yes." Chaeryoung answered.
"Okay then, bye."
"Okay?" Chaeryoung closed the call.

"So Soobin supposedly doesn't know anything either." Chaeryoung turned towards me at looked down. I sighed and was starting to lose all hope until Yeji came to the same station as us.
"Any luck guys?" She said as she zipped up her jacket. Chaeryoung and I shook our heads in disappointment. My heart and head were both started to feel really heavy, the pain is kind of overwhelming. I had to cry it all out but something in me stopped me. I had to remain calm in order to find her.

It almost three in the morning when we stopped our last round of search. Chaeryoung and Yeji went back home, leaving me all alone in the night. I really had to find Lia, no matter what. I think I walked around for about another two hours until I was on the verge of giving up. It was useless, I couldn't find her until I decided to check one place I didn't check before. The coffee shop near the station. It was opened 24/7 so there was a chance Lia was there.

I pushed the door carefully and the shop was empty, almost. To my surprise, Lia was sitting there, near the counter, with head down and a bottle of water in front of her. I was really confused, was she here the whole time? It looked like she about to leave the moment I entered the shop. She stood up and turned towards the door and faced me.

"R-Ry-Ryujin." She looked surprised. I was surprised too. Lia's eyes were completely red and her face was swollen. What?

"Lia, you're here! I was looking for you. Were you crying? Why were you here all alone? Are you alright?" I just kept throwing questions at her. She didn't answer any of them and just burst into tears and hugged me. I hugged her back and rubbed her back.

"Let's go home Jisu." I could tell she was really sleepy. She nodded and held my hand. We walked home and she didn't say a word. When we arrived home, I tucked her into bed and lied down beside her. She was sleepy but didn't sleep.

"Lia, tell me what happened?" I didn't want to rush her or anything.
She turned towards me and tears starting rolling down her face. "Dad- he- was in an accident."
I looked in the same sorrow she had.
"He's currently in surgery and the doctor's are saying he won't make it."
Mr Choi was a really big part of my childhood and life, he was a second father to me.
"Lia, please don't lose hope. Let's wait for the surgery to finish, he'll be perfectly fine, have faith in him." I tried to comfort her by stroking her hair.
"I'm sorry Ryu."
"Why are you sorry?"
"I just kinda disappeared for a while. I just didn't know what to do after hearing the news."
"It's okay Lia, it's good you took some time for yourself." I smiled at her weakly.
"Why didn't you sleep?" She looked more worried about me now. "You went looking for me?"
"Of course, I had to go looking for you. I was scared you were in trouble. I can't sleep while knowing you were somewhere." I said honestly while caressing her hair.
"You love me that much Ryu?" Lia cried a bit. She was in pain.
"Of course."
She moved closer to hug me.
"He'll be fine right Ryu?"
"He'll be perfectly fine Lia, have some hope."
"Thank you."
"Please try to sleep, you need rest, you've been crying a lot." I continued comforting her until she fell asleep.