Part 14: Jeju Day 3 (part 1)

Ryujin P.o.V

Walking up was hard since we had a large dinner the night before. I woke up earlier than Lia and opened the curtains. She looked so calm and beautiful in her bed, snuggled up. I wish I could make her mine. Come to think of it, I barely managed to speak to Lia last night during dinner. I would have if it wasn't for Yuna. She was so quite and even left the restaurant early. She told me she just had a headache.

Something's on her mind, I just know it.

"On my pillow, can't get me tired. Sharing my fragile truth, that I still hope the door, is open. ~" (Sweet Night by V) I continued singing thinking it was only me who heard. I loved Sweet Night. It accurately presented how I felt and my fear of losing the person I loved the most. Lia had woken up by my voice and was sitting upright.

"Sorry for waking you up." I chuckled an apology.
"That's the best way to be woken up. By your voice." She closed her eyes and told me to continue, so I did.

A few moments later, I noticed Lia crying? I was panicking a bit and wiped her tears off her face.

"Hey Jisu, what's wrong?" I cupped her face.
"I'm just scared." She said as she wrapped her arms around me. She sounded like a feeble child.
"Scared of what."
"Scared that maybe I'll never be good enough for- No I don't know."
"Jisu, you'll always be good enough because you're the most amazing person to walk this planet. Trust me on that one."
She continued crying but asked me to continue singing.

Lia, what's going on? You're never like this, is something hurting you? Why won't you tell me.

"How about we get fresh and head for breakfast? I think everyone will be there in some time." I tried to change the topic thinking it would make things better.
"I don't want to go."
"Liaaa. Please."
"No." She just hugged me tighter and buried her face in my shoulder.
"Are you feeling okay?" I checked her temperature with my hands on her forehead - it was normal.

She wasn't sick, she had sleep but there was still something off. Someone is bothering her. Is it Soobin? No, she hasn't interacted with him ever since we reached the island. I highly the other girls did something, that only leaves...

Me?

Am I bothering Lia? Maybe she doesn't like it that I'm around her 24/7? Should I... leave her alone for a bit? I don't want to sound arrogant, but not being around Lia would hurt me the more.

"Am I troubling you Lia?" I deeply stared at her with some guilt in my eyes. She didn't reply.

Lia P.o.V

"Am I troubling you Lia?" Ryujin asked with me with her regretful eyes. I didn't know what to say because yes, she has been troubling me. I've been thinking about her for the whole duration of our Jeju trip so far and it's hurting me. Seeing her acting so close around Yuna also hurt me. Being ignored yesterday at dinner also hurt me. It sounds immature and arrogant, I know, but I just.. want to keep Ryujin for myself.

I- I don't know what to say. I've been stupid this whole time. Ryujin isn't just my best friend. She's literally everything. Ryujin is all the happiness in the world combined together. She's the reason I want to live and the reason I want to grow my person.

Dammit.

I am so stupid.

I'm in love with my best friend and now there's no turning back.

"No Ryu, I've just had a lot on my mind and want to sleep." I wiped the remainder of my tears and gave her a proper hug. Hugging her was one of the best feelings in the world and noone can beat that.

Huh, it feels really good once you convince yourself that you're in love.

"Then why don't we just sleep for a bit then?" She lay down next to me and covered us with the blanket. Noone treats me better than her. She caressed my hair allowing me to ease and fall asleep.

Ryujin P.o.V

I became even more confused after Lia said she wanted to sleep. My sleepy sloth still loves to sleep. Yeji called me.

"Ryujin, where are you guys? We're downstairs."
"Oh, sorry Yej, Lia wasn't feeling the best and wanted to sleep in for a bit longer."
"Oh hope she's okay."
"Yes don't worry, we'll have breakfast, you guys enjoy."
"Take care Ryujin!"

I got up from the bed carefully and looked at Lia. How can someone be this perfect. I hope I can confess to you on our last day.