𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

But she strayed from the village and roamed the outskirts, her horse was jumpy from not knowing where they were for a moment, until both froze at the sound of movement. It wasn't live movement like a bush rustling or so on, it was a constant and gradual noise of what sounded like rocks moving against each other. Out of curiosity, she followed the sound cautiously. Her horse stopped as the noise grew too loud, that was when Venus spotted what it was. It was a grand glacier, the current looking slow but strong. Like a tank. Venus was curious to see more of it, maybe travel across, but she wasn't a fool. She knew her limits before anyone else, so turned around.

She galloped back not so dramatically, but hurriedly as the sun looked two increments past noon. She stopped at the docks where Philza stood talking to Calvin. They turned around as she stopped and clopped her way over on her horse. Calvin was the first to speak, "looking great! We're getting the boat ready for setting sail, is your horse coming along? We have an animal's floor if not having one was a mitigating factor," he smiled and pulled down a wooden bridge from a door in the ship.

"She's coming along. I need to ride there somehow. I intend on going up ahead from the rest, if you'd like to join." Venus offered while leading her horse up. Calvin nodded and left, going to get a horse from the stables.

She returned to the other man who was checking off boxes in a book, a maintenance check quickly before setting off. Watching with great interest as he scanned and counted, going as far as checking the bolts on doors to see if they were appropriately shut. Venus wasn't sure for how long he had been standing there looking at everything, but his hat began accumulating snow from the constant fall. The snow felt less and less like a special occasion Venus saw once every year or two, and started feeling more like where she wanted to live.

"Alright! Done! We're in good shape Venus!" Philza celebrated and closed the book. "Where's your crown?" He reached up to the top of her head.

"In this bag." She pulled the crown out and placed it on her head, posing jokingly to the applauding male. "Ah, Phil... May we talk?" Venus remembered and straightened up.

"What about?" Phil asked, going into the ship. Venus followed and both of them climbed up to the deck and stood by the railing.

"Phil! Kristen said we have to join you now!" Tubbo called. It wasn't sudden nor inconvenient, Venus had paused for a moment to collect her thoughts as to what she was doing. With a sigh from both of them, they went over and pulled up the kids, Tubbo, Tommy and Minerva. Minerva insisted on not having help but was offered regardless. Wilbur and Mercury climbed on soon after, along with Hertha and Ranboo, who were whispering to themselves. Calvin arrived with a brown horse, slightly larger than Dove. His horse was a stallion. Not a mare.

Everyone settled on the deck, Hertha and Ranboo happily sitting around a bench which lay at the foot of the mast. Calvin sat on the stairs leading up to the steering wheel on the upper deck and the others sat on a mat laid out on the planks of wood, close to the mast. At last, Technoblade arrived with Kristen, both jumping on and looking Venus up and down. She had gotten similar reactions from everyone but Tommy, Calvin and Phil, who all seemed unphased. Technoblade pointed at Venus, who was leaning on the railing with her arms crossed and one of her legs crossing over the other to try and keep warm. In the end, he decided to leave it and climb up the steps to the wheel.

They embarked on their journey, light chatter or Wilbur's guitar strumming the same as it usually did. Venus had forgotten for a moment what it was that she wanted to talk about, and suddenly remembered when she heard Technoblade's chortle to a joke his brother made. Phil was up with his wife on the other end of the ship, and for a second, she considered dropping the topic entirely, but decided to talk about it when he was finished. She continued to stare over the edge.