𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

The next morning, at around noon, Venus woke up from her slumber. Nothing was as it used to be, she insisted on staying in the guest room, but when she woke up, a maid crept into the room fearfully and offered to help Venus in her morning routine. Venus declined politely and got to changing out of her nightwear and into a calming purple dress, satin and pleated at the bottom. Snow outside pattered, and with new time on her hands, Venus sat by the windowsill and enjoyed the snow, thinking of taking her heavily under-appreciated horse, Dove, out on a warmup. She sighed and brushed her hair, there wasn't any time to waste - they were going to see the conquered Olympa that week, setting out that day to make in three days, the first day to drop off everyone to Saint-Malo. Getting up and leaving the room with her new maid, she walked down the familiar hallway.

A thought crept up to her; would she continue living in the palace with Technoblade after all was done and well? Part of her said she would, of course she would.

After all, times had changed for the both of them and even if there was no love blossoming between them (Venus was still in an incredible amount of denial and discomfort with her feelings circa Techno's confession the night before); she couldn't deny the flower opening its petals one by one every time they spoke. A flower of mutual respect, maybe even friends. But his confession still stuck with her, it did come from the heart, he said it with a subtle smile and whenever he wasn't looking directly into her eyes, his eyes were closed to mimic the sing-song movement Wilbur did when the boy was reading out his own lyrics. That sort of movement and happiness couldn't have come from anything lesser than the truth.

She also wanted to go back, she wasn't sure why. Partly because she wanted to show she was alive and she was ready to stay. But it opened up the opportunity of assassination, the kingdom hating her and just not being safe. Who did she want to leave with power once all was done with? Should she keep her father alive or shall she hand over the rightful political power to her mother. Though that sounded like an idea, her mother was soft spoken, and a pushover. Though it hurt to say, her mother wasn't fit for leading the nation. Which was partially why she wanted to stay.

What of her sister, Cecilla? Venus loved her deep down, they shared some tender moments over the years which made her worth not killing, even if love drove her insane. What she did was inexcusable - she could think of something another time. There was a three day trip to think about it.

Venus sat at the table, Calvin graced himself as their cook as Kristen was out like a flame. He exited the kitchen with a few plates and spun on his way to serve her, a large smile slapped onto his face. Tommy arrived soon after, along with Hertha and Ranboo. All the early birds - as Phil also flew through the door yawning. She found it odd how everyone had arrived in quick succession to each other, but also left it: she woke up around that time as well. They all sat down and spoke while Venus served herself some of Calvin's amazing cooking before the man himself stood by her and bowed.

"I remember you from way back! How've you been? I didn't get your name until last night." Calvin asked while Tommy watched.

"I've been great Calvin, your cooking flatters me as it always does." Venus responded with a small smile.

"To be honest with you, I didn't think I'd see you again. Techno only keeps a girl around for a month tops. You must be very special to him." He chuckled and leaned against the back of her chair.

"Yeah! Did you two kiss?" Tommy asked, the whole table looking at him as his scratchy and loud voice hopped over the table.

"Tommy!" Phil scolded and Venus looked down with slight embarrassment.

"Isn't that what people do at weddings?" He wondered aloud, looking at Venus. Ranboo began laughing, unable to stop himself as Hertha looked confused. The boy stood up and hunched over to catch his breath while laughing before returning to the table, still giggling slightly.