𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

"Would you like me to fit it to your size?" Venus asked, beckoning her maid quietly as talking from below could be heard. The ball was still rolling. Venus wondered why: the baby was probably asleep, and not in the room. Hertha joined her, still trembling from the leader who stood in the room. "You're scaring Hertha." Venus scowled at Technoblade.

"How is that my fault!?" Technoblade put his hands up defensively. Venus enjoyed seeing him so defensive. It was odd for a man with colonies around the world. "And I don't mind if you fit it to me." He gave the set of nightwear to Venus, who took it to her room and unlocked her private study. "Oh!~" Technoblade sang as he followed behind. "Can we come in too?" He asked.

"Well I'll need your measurements. And Hertha can help with that." Venus gave a side-glance to Hertha and made her way down the spiral staircase, hearing two sets of footsteps following behind her as she once again sat at her circular desk and pulled out the sewing kit from where it blended with the books. Technoblade looked around the shelves while Hertha stuck close to Venus. "Hertha, if you could get Technoblade's height, waist and chest size? We can fix up the hips later." Venus had already measured the nightwear, and while Hertha cursed the princess under her breath, Venus began slicing away the stitchings holding the delicate linen clothes together.

A few moments later, Hertha gave the measurements on a piece of paper and slipped it into Venus's line of sight. She was dismissed to go to sleep while the princess continued and Technoblade picked up a book. Coincidentally, Venus noticed it was the same as the one Philza had picked. The Iliad. They thought alike. Technoblade sat down and read the book at her table as she stitched with great concentration. When she finished, she leant it over to him and he went upstairs, changing into it. She watched him climb down with mild disinterest.

"The sleeves are still pretty short but I'm only wearing it for a night. Thank you, princess. I wish you a good night." He bowed and climbed back up the stairs. Venus remained in her study, not having anywhere else to go, and decided to rest her head for the night.

She woke up no more than two hours later to someone trying to open the door connecting her small library to the rest of the royal bookshelves. Deciding to ignore it but get up, she packed away everything she didn't the night before, and climbed up her stairs. Wilbur was still dead asleep, and she saw the sun had risen comfortably to around three hours off of dawn. She let the light spill in, Wilbur was facing the wall anyway, and changed into a more decent set of clothes. Not the awfully revealing dress she was seen in no less than two hours earlier. She brushed off the shame and continued to slip into an ankle-cut dress, long-sleeved and box-necked. It was a block colour of yellow, so she didn't mind, and let it flow behind her as she wandered the halls of her castle. It was smaller and busier than Technoblade's castle. His abode felt more of a palace. It was also quieter with Technoblade, she was the only one, except for a few maids. And though the temperature was unforgiving, Venus was beginning to realise she would miss the weather.

As she thought previously: colder, tenser atmospheres made her feel safe. She could rightfully be on guard and be ready for an attack. She let her guard down when sharing her teasing moment with Technoblade. She meant every word, but she forgot who she was with: her father. So she faced the consequences. That was what happened when the atmosphere was too light, Venus lost herself in the mood. She couldn't let that happen, she wasn't a child anymore.

"God, Venus you look a mess." Sapnap patted her shoulder comfortingly. "Are you okay? Heard what your dad did. Word spreads faster than the flu here." He complained.

"Everyone is asking. I'm fine though... just not allowed in his sight for today." She walked along the halls with him. "How was the ball for you?"

"I managed to see my mates. That was cool." He nodded while looking around. "Wanna go jump in the river?" He offered, pointing in the direction of the river.