𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

"Why the long face, Venus?" Phil asked, sitting down by her. "Flew around the whole castle with this devil to see you." He chuckled and sat by the girl, who just looked ahead with no interest in her eyes.

"Techno said you were sad and we should cheer you up." Tommy chimed in, playing with the waistcoat he didn't like.

"I thought you didn't like the waistcoat Tommy, why are you wearing it?" She asked, running a hand down his arm to feel the velvet.

"It's the only good looking thing I had. I don't wanna wear it though." Tommy pouted and Venus gave a small smile.

"Let's fix it up then, we can make it so great, even Technoblade will like it." She promised the boy, who looked at her with confusion and awe.

"Not yet, eat first. Your hunger strike is unacceptable, young lady." Philza ordered, dropping the bag onto her lap. Venus opened it and looked inside, seeing mashed potatoes and chopped rabbit. Glazed in honey and herbs, while the potatoes had flakes of spice on them. It looked delicious. "Eat up, I tried to get you what you like, but you didn't really say what your favourite was." He explained and watched her slowly pull out the insulated containers of food and the fork buried under it. "Techno said you liked rabbit meat."

"Thank you... Philza..." she nodded slowly and began eating. Kristen's cooking was different from others. Venus was used to chef-made, professional foods - Kristen's was filled to the brim with warmth and though amateur compared to a professional, rose high above even a veteran's cooking. It felt loving and inclusive. Technoblade knew she liked rabbit meat, it was that obvious. She finished as Tommy spoke about what he wanted to happen to the waistcoat, she listened with distracted interest as Philza also pitched in ideas. "I should apologise to Technoblade." She concluded after she finished her meal.

"Lord no, he likes you the way you are. Don't have to be sorry, he was waiting for that reaction from you." Philza brushed off, "and call me Phil!" He offered.

"Okay... well... let's get to fixing up this waistcoat, yeah?" Venus picked up Tommy and walked with him into the castle and into her room while Phil followed. It was an organised mess, with books and letters spread out on her study, pinned down by a vial of ink and a feather plume - as well as a lantern which lit the room. There were clothes on her bed and towels hanging on her shoji board and a few dresses lay hanging next to them. The floor was lightly decorated with a rug and more papers, while the key to her personal library sat on her windowsill with a few candles which were still lit. The room was a genuine mess. "Sorry about the mess, I was in a rush when I was travelling to meet you. Those letters are from a range of men courting, asking for my sister and plans for you. Dresses are for my maid, she's at the party. Towels: drying. Let's go somewhere cleaner." She offered, picking up the key and unlocking the door laying by her study, allowing both of them to go down before her. "How about you two discuss designs while I clean up? Philza, there are a range of books, take some if you'd." She called, wincing when the man shot a glare at her for using his full name, but he followed his son down soon after and left Venus to clean her room.

20 minutes later and it was finished, a now organised room, cleaned and spacious. A lot of the paper was burnt, nothing but the past, so the room smelt of something burning. Venus ignored it and went into her library, moving down the stairs while Tommy sat at the table quietly waiting. He was quite a calm boy when he wasn't faced by people he wanted to impress. At the sight of her, he took off the waistcoat and revealed a buttoned shirt, and that was it. She took the waistcoat and the list of ideas, tying her hair up and looking at the list of suggestions. She crossed some out, left others. Then, she got to work with the waistcoat, breaking the stitching and ebbing, pulling out scissors and making larger cuts. The problem was, the waistcoat was too small for the boy, and so it looked suffocating. She started by readjusting the waistline and getting rid of all the decorative threading.