𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

The next morning she was hurried awake by Hertha, who ran into the room with such a loud panic. She had run in screaming, "Venus the coronation is today we need dresses!" Which woke up the girl. She jolted awake with such a force that for a second (make it three), her heart had genuinely stopped beating. "Venus!?" Hertha exclaimed and ran over to the pale girl who gasped with air as her heart started up again, "are you okay?" She asked in a more quiet tone.

"Sorry... you scared me a little. I'm trying on Technoblade's mother's dress. It's the only appropriate dress for a coronation. Traditional to the kingdom." Venus croaked out slightly and sat up.

"I need a dress!" She exclaimed, panicking. "Also there are some people over... one is called Tommy? I've never met them." Hertha added, watching Venus shoot up from her previously weak state and rush behind the painting in her room.

She came out in a simple pink dress with a sheep-fleece cardigan. Hertha looked at her confused but watched as she led both of them out of the room and down into the dining hall. That was where all of the chatter was. Venus opened the door and looked at the family which had arrived, they all cheered and waved.

"Venus! Wow, it's been a few weeks!" Kristen ambled over with a content smile. She held her hands. "I see Tubbo's potions have done you well... and wow! Is that my dress?" She asked and picked up the hem of Venus's dress.

"You're the only one who made dresses with Venus, mum. No one else knows how to. Let me see my handiwork!" Tubbo cheered boastfully and sauntered over himself, looking at her hands. "That's a cruel scar; should we get rid of it?" He asked.

"No, no it's fine. Hertha! These are who I stayed with to heal; did you never meet them?" Venus turned to her maid, who was accidentally pushed to the side.

"No? It's a pleasure meeting you all." Hertha bowed and kept her distance. It didn't last long as Kristen had taken a great liking for her.

"You're the cutest! Are you the one I'm here to make a dress for!? Quick, go eat, then we can have a girl talk!" Kristen pushed both Venus and Hertha to their seats and watched them eat. Venus had a glass of milk and some bread. Her maid (who was beginning to feel more and more like a sister) had eggs and an apple. After that, Venus hadn't the time to talk to the other boys, who only just arrived to see Venus and Hertha get scooped away by their mother.

The three spoke in a room quickly about colours appropriate and a style Hertha wanted. Venus was always ready to tailor for someone she loved. They settled on a purple, and a long, light blue dress which matched her eyes. Kristen went through the process of pulling out a range of fabrics and laces. It surprised Venus especially, she assumed they were going to have a few dresses and modify them. But Kristen was ready to make a whole dress in under a day; all she had to know was the sizing and the colour. There were a range of colours to choose from - and all of them were blue. Some were murkier than others, some were softer to touch and others were more saturated than the dye itself. Venus played around with some designs for Hertha, which would fit her form. She was an alright height; coming to around 5'6. She was quite slender and petite. She had a somewhat higher waist - relatively long limbs. It was just about above average, by half an inch. That made Venus frown. Had her waist been higher, a mermaid cut would have made her swell. She could do a pencil cut; a knife pleated skirt with a slit. But she would look childish. Then a thought came to Venus, and she quickly drew it out. A humble, shoulderless dress, with a waistband so that the originally flat dress could have some volume given to it once tied. Venus gave it a fishtail and cut it by her knees so her trail could fall by her ankles. It was her favourite one, but she showed all of the theoretical designs to Kristen and Hertha to assess while she looked through the fabrics. Hertha had chosen a dusty blue, only slightly more dull than her eyes. All that was left were the fabric types. Venus was thinking of satin, maybe some silk. As she was going to decide, Technoblade knocked and stuck his head in.