𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" Kristen asked, looking between Venus and her sister.

"Hm? Oh! Queen Kristen, it's an honour." Cecilla curtsied politely, before looking at Technoblade. "I'm awfully sorry if my sister has been a bother... shall I accompany you to perhaps help you relax?" She asked.

"Sister?" Technoblade straightened up and took her hand, kissing it, "nevermind that, congratulations, Cecilla, I hope your new brother is well. It would be a pleasure to spend some time with you; my, you look stunning in blue." He spoke into her hand chivalrously before walking away with the sister.

Venus sighed looking at the two. She didn't really care about if her sister was led on or not, it wasn't Venus's responsibility. With Cecilla's beauty, she could probably land the man. If she didn't, it almost served her right for laughing at dead women.

"Alright. Uh... what's she talking about?" Wilbur turned to the girl. It was awful for her to try and explain.

"She's a princess. Go change Venus." Philza gently ordered the girl, pushing her lightly into the castle and following behind her. The rest of the family followed before they split off. Light chatter was heard as Venus walked past some maids, who nearly dropped their cleaning supplies at the sight of her.

"Princess Venus! You're... you're back!" A maid smiled happily to the girl, she smiled back brightly.

"I've missed you! My goodness it was so lonely there. We should talk about it later - now I should change to meet with my father." Venus excused and quickly went off to her bedroom, which was directly connected to a locked away section of the library via a spiral staircase. It was very pretty, she was grateful to have the locked away section. Her mother gifted her the room when she was 10 and Allegra took her older room.

She changed into a decorated, pleated shirt, and tucked it into her ankle-length skirt, which was the kingdom's red. It was embroidered in the same colour with floral patterns to create a calculated shine on the heavy satin skirt. To finish it off, she threaded red ribbons through slits on the sleeves of the shirt, they were just below her shoulders. That, before her personal maid walked in. Her name was Hertha. She was fair, with blonde hair and large blue eyes. She was pretty, but she was also very child-like in appearance. She walked in and helped Venus with the ribbons, tying them into a bow facing outwards and tying a six-ended bow to her neck, under the collar of the shirt. With a golden brooch and a rebutton of the waistband of Venus's skirt, the girl sent her off. There was light chatter as she was being styled, but Venus was surprised to be dragged back.

"Do your hair." Hertha ordered, asking Venus to brush it out. For a girl as timid looking as herself, she certainly did not play the part. Venus did as told before Hertha styled her hair, leaving her fringe and her hair out, but tying two braided strands of equal proportion into a loose ponytail which made room for her face to fully show and her fringe to appropriately structure her face. It wasn't braided once tied, so it looked as though it vanished into the rest of the girl's wavy hair. "Lord, I've missed working on you. You're just so pretty and easy to work with." Hertha explained and pulled out some inks and pencils. Makeup.

"Please not too much. I haven't taken a proper bath in days. The best I got was a cleansing potion prototype from Tubbo." She explained. Hertha, though she cringed, understood and lightly worked on mainly her eyes. After finishing with the girl's eyelashes, Hertha gave Venus her tiara, golden just like her sisters'. It rested on her head comfortably, and she was pushed out of the room with a new set of shoes, which Venus changed into as she walked. She dropped the boots into the arms of a servant as she brushed past, thanking them before turning the corner into the throne room, where it was decorated for the ball. Venus had completely forgotten about the festivities. But that didn't matter, she was faced with the family, Phil's, that is, and Technoblade with Cecilla on his arm as a couple of plus ones. Looking at Phil, Venus realised the man had used her name, and she never recalled telling him. She curtsied them all before facing her father.