What he didn't expect however, was for a regal looking eagle owl to be perched on his bedside table watching him disdainfully with a pompous, almost Malfoy, air about it. The owl stuck out its leg giving a haughty hoot, and barely repressing a grin Harry reached over and quickly removed the note, the owl taking off instantly and departing out the window.

Looking back from the open window the Gryffindor looked down at the note in his hand, it was short and to the point.

Potter.

Meet me in the charms class room, the one overlooking the courtyard as soon as you get this note.

-DM

One ear perked with curiosity the boy hauled himself from bed and quickly dressed, ruffling the tussled locks of hair which stuck up in the usual unruly manner. Picking up one of the pieces of toffee he had received he padded out the tower and headed towards the specified room, ignoring the fact his stomach was growling. He wasn't going to miss a meeting with Malfoy for breakfast.

He didn't notice how he practically pranced down the halls and held a large, cheerful grin on his face as he slid into the charms classroom, looking around the desolate and slightly dusty space before he moved out onto the balcony that accompanied the room. He looked over the courtyard, brushing the snow from the stone wall that bordered the balcony, relishing the feel of the cold nip of the wind brush his flushed cheeks.

He wasn't alone long, after about five minutes he heard the door open and close and footsteps approach the door that led to the Veranda where he stood. He looked over his shoulder, eyes alight as he saw the blonde standing in the doorway watching him. Beneath his arm was the Christmas present he'd requested Pansy deliver.

His face fell, assuming the blonde was going to be stubborn and return it the gift, however Draco must have picked up on this rather quickly as the next thing he said was: "Don't think your getting this back Potter" before holding the present possessively to his chest. It was something so much more expected of a six -not sixteen- year old, that Harry found it utterly adorable and couldn't stop the grin that returned full force.

Approaching the stone banister and standing beside Harry, the Slytherin put the present on the thick stone railing after removing the snow from the surface. "Interesting spell you put on it" he drawled suddenly, eyeing a now smirking Harry.

"Aren't you going to open it?" he prodded, causing Draco to smirk this time who simply nodded and neatly slit the paper, but Harry could see in the silver eyes how Draco barely restrained himself from ripping the paper off like an over excited child. It must have been agony for him to carry it up to meet Harry without opening it.

With the last of the -thankfully single layer- of paper had fallen to the snow laced floor, Draco eyed the small box, about the size of the average shoe box if not a bit smaller, and flipped open the lid, eyebrows automatically raised when he discovered a small statue amidst some protective wrapping. Curious, slender fingers plucked the neatly carved marble figure from the box, showing a detailed statue of a Lioness.

Draco looked to Harry questioningly. "Are you trying to imply something, Potter?" his voice terse.

"Not what your thinking" Harry responded, smile never faltering. "Just look at it a bit more" he prompted and rolling his eyes, Draco complied.

His eyes scanned over the smooth surface of the marble, following the pale creamy gold lines that crawled over the figurine. The figure stood proudly, head lifted in a superior yet elegant stance, tail looping smartly behind the softly curving rump. He scrutinised the strong, flawlessly carved jaw of the lioness and then its sightless eyes that stared back at him, cold and white like the rest of it, yet with the light engraving of pupils giving it some more life. The spread, heavy set paws were stood on a tablet of flat marble -used as a stand- which even had finely detailed blades of grass and small rocks to impersonate a small portion of the lioness's habitat. It was only roughly four and a half inches in height and five in length but it was an impeccably detailed figurine.