"Good morning, Mr.Faerber," greeted a brunette from behind her granite desk at the reception of the seventh floor.

"Mr. Hudson is—"

"Has been waiting for you, Romeo." Another feminine voice interrupted, and my eyes drifted to the petite brunette who smiled at Romeo. "He is in the conference hall waiting for you and your fiancee."

Your fiancee.

The words sent a tide of embarrassment my way and I stiffened, narrowing my eyes on Romeo. How did she know about the engagement?

"Lead the way, Juniper." Romeo graced the woman with a smile and my eyebrows shot up in astonishment. They were calling each other by first names. And he was smiling at her. Something is wrong. Terribly wrong.

Juniper touched her neck before she said, "This way, Romeo." And wobbled in her heels, swaying her hips awkwardly with every step.

Wondering if she was flirting with Romeo or just being silly, I trailed after her, my heels clicking against the tidy tiles as my eyes roamed around the place.

Bright tiles, spacious cabinets, and a high-ceilinged open plan embodied a flavor of professionalism. Photos of vibrant cities, sandy beaches, sparkly waterfalls, and lush green National parks that were framed on the walls screamed adventure and travel. The ambiance of the office would propel even loungers to pick a destination.

Juniper stepped into the conference hall with a wide smile, chirping enthusiastically. "Mr. Hudson, Ro— Mr. Faerber is here to see you."

Unable to process her weird mojo, my brows creased in confusion as Romeo and I entered the conference room.

Windows affixed to the white walls invited natural light into the room. Lighting fixtures and a projector interspersed the dropped ceiling. Several gray swivel chairs girt the center U-shaped white table, which sat on the gray-colored rug. Beyond the head of the table, a large screen TV was hung on the wall. Indoor plants and gray couches at the father wall added a relaxing touch to the milieu.

Cyrus was at the head of the table. A dark navy suit was spread taut over his broad shoulders, his strong muscles and quilted torso shrouded behind the crispy white shirt. His raven hair was styled just like yesterday. An expensive Rolex watch strapped to his wrist and a striped tie was fastened around his neck, making him look every inch a no-nonsense efficient businessman.

"Cyrus," Romeo called and the CEO's attention drifted to Romeo. And then to me. A muscle in his jaw jumped before he donned an impassive look. It was like a trick of my eye, but I noticed the hate in that gaze. So much hate.

"Faerber," Cyrus acknowledged, tilting his head slightly. "How kind of you to grace me with your presence—"

Ah, so the man has some sarcasm.

"—Take a seat." He gave me a passive look.

On your face?

I would have asked that just to get on Cyrus's calm nerves. However, spewing such words when Romeo was beside me was suicidal. So, I folded myself gracefully into one of the chairs while Romeo did the same.

"I don't appreciate anyone idling away my time, Faerber. Why are you here?" Cyrus queried in a stern tone.

It is not like either of our clocks is ticking. So, it is only a waste of his majesty's time.

"I came here to make a recommendation for the Marketing Manager role." Romeo's hand found my wrist and my fingers clenched instantly as he added. "I'm recommending my fiancee."