Meet

Christina got dressed and took her pepper spray just in case. She got ready and left her apartment, and walked to the park.

It was very early in the morning; it was cold, but she could not forget her dream. It felt real to her, including the kiss. She stopped walking and touched her lips. Christina wanted answers, and she was determined to get them. She ran towards the park.

About ten minutes later, she arrived; it was dead silent. The city lights are on, yet the lights look as if the darkness almost consumed them. She sat at a table and waited for Zepher.

She became thoughtful to herself. "Maybe he was lying. It was just a dream."

"Are you sure about that, darling," said a masculine voice.

Christina yelped and turned around.

It was Zepher who sat beside her. He wore a black jacket with a black t-shirt, dark blue Levi pants, and dressy black shoes. "I am glad you made it, love."

Christina got off the table to get her space.

The incubus king looked amused, never taking his eyes off of her.

"Okay, you pervert! What the hell is going on!? What are you!?"

Zepher stood on the table, his eyes still on her. "As I told you before, my dear. I'm an incubus; better believe it."

Christina stood motionless. "And as I said before, you're high."

"Believe what you want, but I am what I am. I'm also King of the Incubus. Aren't you happy that you caught the attention of royalty?"

The young woman was still silent, but she slowly began to laugh. "You are high. This is utter nonsense."

Zepher raised an eyebrow. "Then why are you here? I told you where to meet in your dream. If this is utter nonsense, then we wouldn't be here, would we?"

Christina tried to make a comeback, but nothing could come out. Suddenly, Zepher jumped from the table and was in front of the shocked woman. He put an arm around her waist and brought her closer to him.

"H-How can I believe you!? This could be just a coincidence! Let me go!" she yelled, trying to escape Zepher's grip.

"You came here when I told you in your dreams, but, understandably, you need more convincing. I will show you."

Then, a rip and bones snapping were heard, and two black wings came out of Zepher's back. Christina was about to scream, but he stopped her by putting his lips on hers; kissing her. She could not move; she felt his tongue inside her mouth, teasing her. Christina then struggled against his grip, but Zepher held her tightly.

He then let her go, and Christina breathed heavily. She could not believe her eyes. Zepher smiled. "Yes, love. What you see is the truth. I am an incubus, and you are my mate."

Christina stilled. "What do you mean by that?"

"It is like what you heard. You are my mate and mine alone. When I first saw you, I knew I had to have you. Yet, that mutt came along."

"Mutt?"

"Oh, you didn't know. That man you dated is not entirely human either. He's a werewolf."

"W-What did you just say?"

Zepher smirked as his wings now disappeared to his back. He walked a little closer to Christina. "As you heard, sweet cheeks. The mutt is a werewolf."

Christina could not believe her ears; she felt confused. "Werewolf? Wait a minute! Does that mean I am his mate?"

The incubus king flinched and gave a slight hiss. "Of course not. When I smelled his disgusting scent, I smelled that he was already mated. He lost his real mate."

Christina became thoughtful and looked at the creature before her. "Men, so full of secrets. Well, you dream rapist. If all you say is true about Darell, I have no problem with him. I have a big ass problem with you!"

Zepher felt dumbfounded. "Why do you say that?"

"You are a sex demon, praying on women's dreams, bringing the worst out of them. You have fun of their vulnerability. You are nothing more than a user, ungrateful, selfish, slutty being who cares for no one but himself. You are desperate to find a woman you think can bend to your will. Well, you male whore, I will not be that woman. I refuse to be your mate." With that, Christina walked away, leaving Zepher alone.

He did not know what to say. He knew that he was pissed; he hit the table so hard that it broke. He breathed to calm himself down. "How dare she!?" He controlled himself as he glared at the woman who haunts him.

Zepher chuckled.