Chapter 8 Bride in the Attic

(y/n) pov:

(y/n): so, the attic

I had a feeling I may come across here. Like other people looking into scary houses go here usually or at least in the movies. I noticed this place was pretty dusty. I decided to walk around this place a bit. I wanted to see if there are interesting stuff. It was a little hard to see here. I realized I left my candle stick back at the ballroom. I got my lighter out and lit it. It made some light and I tried to find another candle stick. I actually found one next to me, but it holds one candle instead of 3. I lit it and put my lighter away. I now had a candle again and kept looking around. I then saw a picture. It was of a bride and a man.

(y/n): well, con...

Then all of sudden, the man was decapitated with blood. I saw the bride had a bloody axe. I realize now that woman is another of the girls I have seen on that wall.

(y/n): what the hell?

I went away from it. I noticed that I don't hear any thunder or rain. I wonder if it could be true. I saw there was a window. I went to the window and looked outside. I saw the front of the mansion where I entered. The rain, fog, and dark clouds were all gone. I smiled from what has happened. I knew.

(y/n): I can get out of here and get back home

I felt happy that I can finally leave this haunted mansion. Then I noticed a glow behind me. I felt scared of what it could be. I turned around to see a ghost. This ghost was the same bride on those pictures and gave me fear.

 This ghost was the same bride on those pictures and gave me fear

???: hello, who are you?

(y/n): uh... (y/n)

Constance: nice to meet you (y/n). I am Constance, the last owner of this mansion.

Now I also got curious. 

(y/n): how... did you get the mansion?

Constance: I was poor and prettier in life. I married multiple men until the last one. I do, I did haha. The last one bought this mansion and didn't marry anyone else since.

I knew what she did to do that. She seems to smile wider.

Constance: you are cuter and more perfect than the other men. I married them for money, and they also didn't treat me too well. I would like to marry someone with looks like mine. 

(y/n): well... I have to get going. Nice talking to you.

I was fast walking by her until an axe almost hit front of my face.

(y/n) in mind: that was the 3rd time I almost got killed in the head

I looked to see Constance who seem to just have thrown that axe.

Constance: you will have to die but we will happily ever after. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I started to move. She got her axe and kept trying to hit me. I noticed a different door to get out of here. 

Constance: I do

I got to the door and spoke.

(y/n): and I don't

I closed the door and ran. I didn't see her anymore. Now I had one goal now.

(y/n): I have to get out of here