Chapter Fifty Four

...

India

...

After hearing that Ronin and Kavya feel towards me the same way they feel towards each other... It had been hard to focus on my studies... Too hard almost...

That is... Until the two of them, with my permission, shuffled us around the table and planted me between them both, Ronin insisting that I rest my feet upon his lap so that he might rub them for me and help me relax so that I might have a better time focusing... Kavya rubbing my back ever so carefully while letting me lean into his touch... The gentleness of them both so touching and so very fire-inducing... My dragon allowing our inner fire burn brighter and brighter with each act of affection... My cheeks displaying the warmth they are causing to build up inside me.

I feel almost giddy knowing that they care for me already... And relieved that I am not the only one developing teal feelings with the more time that we all spend with each other... Even with the small misunderstanding this morning over the two of them oversleeping when they both had rest in mind.

It feels almost too good to be true... As if this might be a young hopeful scholar's poem about what he or she hopes for in their future... Even though I know it is so much more genuine and filled with so much more truth than just hope...

...

Kavya

...

For a moment... It had almost felt as of the 3 of us were nearly moved to tears over knowing that we all are on the de level of emotional and romantic connection as each other even though none of us planned this...

None of us had planned to meet in this very library... And Ronin and I certainly never thought that we would be wooing a young scholar together to complete what had already proved to be so right and so wonderful...

But yet here we are... With both of us finding ways to lay hands on our India so that we might deepen our bond and find an outlet to show him just how much we appreciate him without being too overly distracting from his studies... Even if I do have the sneaking suspicion that India's eyes are more focused on Ronin and me than his actual scrollwork.

I know it is important for him to attend to his studies... We all do...

It's just very hard to let him focus on reading and deconstructing the texts in front of him... Especially when all I want is to pull him close to me and Ronin so that we all might be as physically close as we feel emotionally at the moment.

...

Ronin

...

It feels strange being so relaxed in front of people other than Kavya...

But here alone with India and even Jian...

I find that my shoulders have dropped and my guard is down...

I do not feel the need to be ultra-vigilant at the moment...

I do not feel as though I need to be ready for a fight...

The only thing that currently concerns me is being able to be here and be present with the 2 people that currently matter most to me... To be able to focus on India and Kavya and not feel like I may be called into action at any point while we sit here with each other even though I know that this will not always be the case.

It just... It just feels natural and easy and safe right now... With all of us here together in this out-of-the-way library where I first caught a glance of our raven-haired beauty... Flushed face and all... It feels as though we are anywhere but within the walls of the obsidian palace with all of its gloom and darkness... Perhaps just as normal people courting each other and ready and willing to accept love as it comes to us.