Chapter Forty

...

Ronin

...

When I had finally called attention to the way the lighting had changed outside it was likely far past lunch and far past the time for us to break the awkward silence that had built up between us... And I do believe that we are all more than grateful for the break in awkwardness and our desperate need to not make eye contact with each other in the small enclosed space that makes up the library I had first spotted the sweet and innocent scholar that Kavya and I had somehow managed to corrupt so easily already...

It feels strange having to diffuse this kind of situation... And I know that I am just as at fault as Ronin for causing it to build in the first place from fueling the flames by returning the gaze he always gives me when he wants more from my body than just love and good company with the one that lets him know that I've got no objection to making love to each other if we have the chance to sneak away... And only raising my brow at him and following his gaze when ut turned to the sweet scholar that had been sitting so prettily in front of us...

I should have shaken my head at him and reinforced the fact that India is off-limits until he is either married to us or bonded to us as we are to each other... And that even then we need to check for what he will and will not allow being done to his body so that we can respect his wishes and gift him pleasure he actually enjoys... Which my husband should already understand is a given...

But instead, I had fed into the energy flowing between us and created this awkwardness for all of us.. An awkwardness that had consumed the air in the room faster than the flame of my lover can reduce timber to nothing more than ash...Which usually in no time at all...