Nodding I walk across the carpet I feel my feet melt into the warmth of the material. God I don't want to go back out into the cold, it's getting darker now.

I'm actually home alone since my little sister is at a study sleepover which most likely includes zero study and one hundred percent sleepover. Whilst my parents are working late like always.

He doesn't ask anymore questions after I nod at his question, so I make my way towards the stairs. If I'm right my volleyball bag should be in Katie's bedroom, I think I left it on the ground...somewhere. I spent a lot of time here since I'd rather be at Katie's then in the presence of my own parents. Which means I tend to leave a lot of my belongings here. We have school tomorrow so I asked her to bring my bag since I need it but I've been on delivered for god known how long. So I came to get it myself.

Reaching the top of the stairs I walk down the hallway before opening the bedroom door. The lights are already on which gives me a fragment of hope that she's still here but nope. She is definitely not. The room is unnaturally clean for Katie so I wonder if she was expecting to come home late.

Looking around her room I check under the bed and behind things but I can't find my bag anywhere. Come on, not right now please. Digging through any space which would fit my duffel bag, I hesitate before checking anywhere that seems like a hiding spot. I also don't want to keep looking in case I find something I shouldn't find.

Exiting the room, I think it'll be better if I just wait it out and ask Katie tomorrow. If she moved it elsewhere then there's no point in me scavenging her bedroom. Turning to head down the stairs but I notice light behind me so I look back. Seeing the light coming from Damons room I clench my fist, I hesitate. Wanting to take a look, I haven't seen the inside of his room in a millennium. There's never been a reason too. There's no reason to right now.

Convincing myself that I'll only take a second, I don't have a reason to spend a lot of time there anyways. I know he's not there since he went straight for the garage when I came upstairs. Poking my head through the doorway, I'm right to see that it doesn't hold any people. It's empty.

Me and Katie used to play hide and seek and I would always hide besides his bed and when Katie would come asking for me he'd cover for me. Things soon got boring so I would hide there on purpose then rant about my boring jr school life to him and he would anyways pretend to be interested for my sake.

We stopped doing that when Katie got bored of the game since she could never find me but I still wanted to play just so I could tell him about my day but she refused. I didn't want to tell her why I wanted to continue playing so I just finally agreed since I didn't have a good reason otherwise.

His bedroom is different from then though since it used to be racing car themed with lighting McQueen everywhere. He soon changed it as he got older and now it's more toned down to jut dark blue and black colours. It's eerie but comforting at the same time.

Looking around the room I rest my cheek against the doorframe as I look at the framed photos of him playing basketball, before diverting my attention to his bed. The dark blue blankets look as if they've been fluffed by the gods, I would've be surprised if they where stuffed with clouds.

Feeling the gut urge to turn around and go back downstairs I ignore it so I can look around at the basketball posters some more. I'm not exactly inside the room just looking in since I don't feel like I should go in.

'Are you okay?' I hear Damon ask me from behind. Flinching I dart my body around to look at him, suddenly feeling a rush of embarrassment.

Except I'm not sure if i'm embarrassed because he saw me or because he's standing so so close to me right now. There's maybe half an inch between us and he doesn't seem like he's going to move back any sooner.