Demons

As they both stood back to back swords drawn protecting the bystanders from upcoming demon attacks.

I really hate that I can't let myself go and finish this mission fast but if I did there would be no demons and Tanjiro wouldn't be able to improve his skills cus I'm taking all his kills. (Y/n) thought looking and feeling at all the moving auras underground.

"Oh well I might as well draw them out for him." he mumbles to himself as he sprints forward.

"Third form: vermillion sun at midnight!" (Y/n) mid air thrust his swords at almost unhuman-like rapid speeds the demon's hands try to grab him as they rise from the murky water under him but he quickly lands on the floor then rapidly back flips as the fully arise demon's are gravely injured with multiple stab wounds.

"Wow! How did you do that!" Tanjiro spoke with amazement.

"I'm a Hashira kid. I could have killed them if I wanted to but you gotta learn somehow. Also my training consisted of being as flexible as rubber and being able to change my movements in any conditions which means doing flips mid air at rapid speeds." (Y/n) ranted while Tanjiro nodded like he was taking mental notes.

"I see!" Tanjiro noted getting into a fighting position he lifted his blade into the horde of demons "waterfall basin!" Tanjiro shouted, thrusting his blade into the ground, cutting three arms off of each demon.

"Too shallow Tanjiro!" (Y/n) shouted firmly as he stood in front of the bystanders protecting them as he observed Tanjiro.

"Yes I know!" Tanjiro shouted back rashly.

"Well if you know then fix it!" (Y/n) exclaimed, scolding him slightly.

Tanjiro stood wide eyed for a moment 'why can't I fix it? Is it really that easy?' Tanjiro thought to himself gripping his blade harder at his own incompetence. The demon's slid back into the ground and Tanjiro regrouped next to me. When (Y/n) sensed the demon popping behind the three humans (Y/n) pulled them away leaving Tanjiro to use his water wheel only slicing the demon's shoulder.

The demon slid back rather far from Tanjiro trying to lure him farther. Tanjiro didn't pursue him.

"Tanjiro I told you to fix it, you're not going to hurt anyone by swinging to your full extent and you're not saving anyone either if you don't!" (Y/n) shouted back to him, dropping all three of the people (Y/n) held. "I told you I wasn't gonna help you but if this goes on any longer i'll take the initiative of this mission." (Y/n) shouthed sternly Tanjiro stood shocked but turned to face the hashira with determination.

"Please give me another chance! I will eliminate the demons without hesitation!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"You bastard! Stop talking and back off for crying out loud! That girls gonna go stale on me dammit!" the demon sputtered angrily at the two of us pointing at the girls Kazumi was holding. "That girls already 16, okay? If I don't devour her soon, she's gonna lose flavor by the second!" he screamed angrily. Another demon head popped out from behind us showing itself from the waist up.

"Calm down, my other self. So what? There are gonna be nights like this. I've already fed plenty of 16 year old girls  in this town. They were all quite meaty and delicious. I'm satisfied." the other demon explained with a cruel arua full of blood lust.

"Well, I'm not satisfied, my other self! I wanna consume more!" he sputtered back to his other self.

"You monster... return Satoko to me. The one you abducted the night before!" Kazumi said slowly but with much bitterness. Then a piercing screeching sound was heard. They were teeth grinding against each other like nails on chalk. We all turned our heads to a third demon on the wall next to us.

"Satoko... who are you talking about?" We turned our attention back to the less annoying demon. He opened his top to show lots of hair pins and a red ribbon that seemed to stand out from the rest. "If her hairpin is among these collectibles, then I've devoured her." (Y/n)s eyes widened and he turned his head to look at Kazumi. Tears swelling up in his eyes.  Tanjiro's face becomes dark and stern, filled with anger.

"Tanjiro..." (Y/n) said Tanjiro turning to look at him, Tanjiro's eyes widened as he saw a killer's face with piercing eyes that seemed to leak with the hatred of 10 generations. Veins that could burst at any given point and a ready to go blade that seemed to glow a purple and crimson color. "This one is mine..." the demons sensed the hashira's murderous intent and slipped back into their swamp like black lagoon.

One repapperied and jumped Tanjiro. Tanjiro dodged him and slashed an arm off. He got too close to the wall making another appear right next to his head. (Y/n) ran and pulled him back so he wouldn't get hit. The demons came one by one at rapid speeds. One was trying to get the human girls Kazumi had so (Y/n) sped back to them cutting arms and legs at once to enable the demons for a short while but doing this left Tanjiro variable he was about to get attacked from behind when his box was kicked open knocking the demon back several feet. 

"Nezuko!" (Y/n) shouted with joy as he finished protecting Kazumi and the girls.

"Why would mere humans be accompanying a demon?" the first demon asked as nezuko stood in her box, claws drawn and she looked pissed! She gently got out of her box in silence as Tanjiro got back into a fighting position. Both demons had once more returned to their black puddle.

Nezuko seemed to calm down as she turned to (Y/n), Kazumi and the girls. She lifted both her hands and grabbed the face of the girl Tanjiro had saved and Kazumi. Then she moved her hand to pat the head of Chiyo and finally as she looked up she grabbed the side of (Y/n)'s face with a smile. He put his hand on hers and smiled back. Her eyes widened as she saw what she thought was her father but her vision was cleared by who really was in front of her.

'Such a tragedy to befall a lovely girl like her. I hope we can one day turn her into a human' (Y/n) sadly smiled back as he gently took her hand off his face.

When she saw Kazumi crying and the girl, it reminded her of her siblings and the rest of her family and in her head it just clicked in her head. She needed to protect them.

Tanjiro stood stunned at the interaction and could only mutter her name.

2 of the 3 demons popped their upper halves out of the water. Nezuko started to walk forward then it turned into a run.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro shouted but Nezuko continued to run, lifting her leg and bringing it down.