The final selection

(Few years later (Y/n’s pov)

“Kyojuro, are you ready to go?” I turn behind me while fixing the katana on my belt. Kyojuro smiled, his hair was much longer than when we were kids. He's grown up well.

“Yes but first let's tell father we’re leaving,” he turned his head and started to walk. My smile dropped.

“Father me and (Y/n) are leaving to take the final selection!” Kyojuro smiled a heartfelt smile while his father didn’t even bat an eye to look at us. I clenched my teeth and held my tongue for kyojuro’s sake.

“I said you both are weak. You both will die meaningless deaths so give up. There will be no other Hashira’s coming out of this house!” He raised his voice and turned to face us both Kyojuro, still with a small smile and me with a glare.

“We will come back and we will become Hashira no matter what you say Shinjuro…” I gently said with no emotion in my voice and turned to leave Kyojuro following behind me. We bid goodbye to Senjuro and went on our way to Mt Fujikasane.

(Note I don't know how all the Hashira's final selection went so I'm improvising)

The mountain was beautiful. It had Wisteria flowers in bloom. They seemed to glow a bright lavender color. I stared in awe making my way to where other children were. There were quite a few 30 max. most were gonna die from what Mikoto had told me. A few that had caught my eye were a short girl with a taller girl. The taller one had long black hair with butterfly clips held either side of her hair. Her pale purple eyes shined with the wisteria she seemed to be talking to the shorter girl with black hair and purple tips. She had a butterfly clip in the back of her head. I wonder if they're sisters? I was looking around when someone bumped into me.

“Watch where you're going…” A taller man said with a scowl he had white hair and scars on his face. He had very big eyes. He seemed like he needed eye drops or something. 

“Rude much Tch” I raised my middle finger towards him when his back was turned and Kyojuro pushed my hand down and scolded me.

I saw two other boys, one with bright blue eyes and another with grayish lavender eyes. The blue eyed boy had black hair and stood with the lavender eyed boy with peach hair. They both had warding fox masks, one with a scar to match the peach boy's scar and the other big blue pointed eyes that looked similar to the blue eyed boys. I want to talk to them, they seem nice! 

“Kyojuro, can I go make friends with them!” I pointed to the two boys and the one with peach hair noticed me pointing. Kyojuro looked at the boys then looked at me.

“You shouldn't get too attached, people die in this exam all the time they could be one of them…” he whispered and looked back at them. I didn’t listen and dragged him with me over to where they were at.

“Hi my name is L/n Y/n! Call me Y/n!” I smiled and tilted my head. I wanted to look as friendly as I could. I let go of Kyojuro's arm. “This is Rengoku Kyojuro!” He smiled and waved.

“My name's Sabito. It's nice to meet you. This is my friend Tomioka Giyu.” He turned to smile at us and Giyu nodded

“What are your breath styles?” Kyojuro asked with a smile.

“We both trained with Sakonji Urokodaki in water breathing.” Giyu spoke softly with a slight smile.

“Nice! I do flame breathing and (Y/n) does Crimson moon breathing!” Kyojuro crossed his arms in pride.

“Crimson moon breathing?” Sabito turned to Giyu and Giyu shrugged his shoulders.

“I've never heard of that breathing style.” Sabito put his hand to his chin thinking.

“It's an old breathing style that died out but my mentor taught it to me um before he died!” I thought of a good lie to explain where I learned my breathing style. 

“anyways! We should stick together to help each other survive. I like you both so if you need help I'll help you!” I tilted my head with a heartfelt smile. The two boys blushed a bit and turned their heads before nodding. Rengoku side eyed the two boys. Then two men appeared, one was Shinjuro and the other was a man with a red tengu mask. Shinjuro had a scowl on while the man with the mask started to speak. Everyone stood in silence waiting for instructions.

"Good evening and Welcome to the demon slayer corps final selection." He slightly turned his head to show that it was Shinjuros turn to talk. Shinjuro took the hint and scoffed.

"The wisteria here grows year round but only here slayers have captured demons and they're hungry." He shifted and gave a sly smile that made the ones taking the exam shake a bit. The man with a Tengu mask shook his head slightly and lifted one of his hands.

“From this point onwards there will be no more wisteria so the demons roam free. You will need to survive for 7 days and come back here, survive as best you can, may the odds be forever in your favor, good luck!” He put his hand down as a sign to start and everyone got moving.

_________________________________________

Taisho secrets!
Kyojuro is the only one who knows about Mikoto and wants to know what his ancestor was like