Chapter 17: Before the Main Show (Part 2)

Hinata POV

Sensing Rimuru's aura gushing out from his body with full of anger made me surprise and quite worried. Out of nowhere, he suddenly vanished.

Before I noticed, Ivarage sent flying through space. There I saw Rimuru standing in Ivarage place.

Since when did he get there?!

I questioned myself. But before I think what was happening, Rimuru follow Ivarage in the space where he sent him into.

This is bad. I can't follow what was happening.

I panicked, don't know what to do. The situation happen so fast that my mind can't keep up.

What should I do? Should I fight too?

I wrack my brain, thinking of a possible solution to this kind of problem. But before I think of a plan, I noticed Rizu shaking in fear until she collapse in the ground.

"Sob!... Sob!... Mama!... Papa!... Sob! Ahhhhhh!" Rizu said as tears came running down from her face.

She's crying. Huh? She's crying? For what reason? I glance at the direction before Ivarage sent to space. ...Is it because of Ivarage?

Ivarage did say something, but I didn't hear any of it from this distance. I should asked Luminous-sam-

>Hinata, are you there?<

Suddenly I heard Luminous-sama's voice through [Telepathy].

>Luminous-sama!<

>Listen. Don't let the enemy get near to Rizu. Ivarage want her power. Protect her, okay.<

So that's the reason. Now I know what to do.

>Yes, Luminous-sama!<

I end the call. After that, I approached the crying Rizu.

Seeing her reminded me of myself when I summoned in this world. At that time, the idea of being set free from that grueling world made me happy.

I don't want to remember my past ever again. In this world where sword and magic exist, I sought power.

......

.........

My own power is the only thing I could rely upon in this world. Thus, I sought the kind of power that nobody else could ever hope for.

I had a natural fear of carrying anything precious with me, lest I lose anything else. I didn't deal with other people; power was my only desire.

I had become a paladin a mere year after joining the Western Holy Church, then become the corps captain less than two years later, building up what was lauded as the most powerful Crusader group in history with my own two hands.

But the higher I rose through Church ranks, the more I saw what it really was to those who remain at the top.

I met Luminous-sama, the god that people in Lubelios worship. Seeing her is like having face-to-face with death.

Instead of killing me, she made me her companion.

She's one of the people I met in this world that made me feel I am not alone. Shizu-sensei, Chloe and ...Rimuru. I'm really grateful and lucky that I met this people.

......

.........

I don't know the reason why she is in this state but, ...I know that she's feeling lonely. She need a companion that will make her happy and not alone all the time.