65

"What?" I pull the door open with, what I'm sure is a pissed off look on my face.

Felix is standing there looking as pale as a ghost. Not to mention the mixture or horror and shock on his face.

"Well?" I ask, raising a brow at him.

Felix just shakes his head like that's going to get it working again.

"We have a problem." His eyes dart to Zane as he speaks.

"What kind of problem?" I snapped at him, pulling his attention back to me.

I'm not trying to be an bitch, but he's testing my patience right now. He looks back up at me as he gulps loud enough I hear it. I narrow my eyes at him, letting him know he better speak now.

"Umm... the.. the council is here."

I hear a deep rumbling growl from Zane, and my eyes must be glowing. Because Felix's eyes widen before he tilts his head to the side showing his neck, and bowing his head in submission. A seriously pissed off Alpha and Luna can be a very scary thing, especially powerful ones.

I snap my head to the side to look at Zane "I thought you said I had a week?"

"By law you do, I don't know why they're here."

I can see anger all over his face, and I'm sure mine matches his. Why the fuck is the council here?

This can't be good...

"Okay, tell them we'll be with them shortly." Zane tells Felix.

Felix just nods and backs out of the door. Zane runs both his hands over his face then through his hair.

"Fuck!" He shouts.

"You think it's that bad?" I ask as I put a hand on his shoulder.

I feel his shoulder loosen slightly at my touch, and he releases a breath of air.

"I don't know, but I don't think it's going to be good." He sighs.

"Only one way to find out." I give him a sideways smile and grab his hand as I open the door.

He stops me and pulls me in for a quick kiss and says "If they want a fight, then we fight together."

I simply smile up at him and kiss him once more. We head down into the meeting hall where Felix had led them to wait for us. When we enter all eight members of the council stand and nod to us. We nod in respect back before taking our seats.

The council is made up of eight people from different countries, lands and packs. There are four males, and four females. The are usually highly respected retired Alphas or Lunas. There has been an instance where a 'spirit wolf' even joined the council for a while.

"What may we do for you council?" Zane is first to break the ice.

"It has come to our attention that someone would like to challenge your Luna for her position." Any elderly man states. By the look he's giving me I have a feeling he's the one she's related to.

"So I've heard." I can hear Zane struggle to control the anger in his voice as he speaks, I doubt they do though.

"We however voted on the matter and don't believe she has any solid ground to stand on for the challenge." This time an elderly woman speaks. Her voice sounds like honey, and she is the definition of ageless beauty.

"Really? But I thought she was already granted permission." I can't help but ask. I almost want to cover my mouth after it slipped out, but I figured I'd take responsibility for it and don't.

The elderly woman who spoke before looks at me and smiles a truly heartwarming smile "Yes dear, it seems majority won our and she doesn't have a leg to stand on to challenge your place. As for her so called granted permission, it was just her assuming she'd get her way."

I watch as Zane visibly relaxes and I'm sure I did too. This is great news! I don't have to deal with another stupid airheads challenge.

Though, I did want to beat her ass... oh well it's better this way, we have too much going on to deal with that too.

"Honestly it's such a relief to hear that. Thank you so much." Zane smiles at the elderly lady who smiles in return and waves her hand like it's nothing.

"Well I think it's time we take our leave." Another man on the council states.

The entire council nods and they all stand and start to exit. Me and Zane stand at the door and shake everyone's hand as they leave. The last two are the elderly man who gave me the mean look, followed by the sweet elderly lady.

The man wouldn't look me in the eye or shake my hand. The lady however laughed and pulled me into a hug "Don't worry about my husband dear, he tends to spoil our grandchildren and I don't always allow it." She winks at me before walking out.

I love that woman...

"Wait!" I call after her. She stops and turns to face me as she reaches the front door.

"What is it darling?" She asks me.

"I didn't get your name." I smile at her.

"Everyone simply calls me GG." She pulls me in for one more quick hug and then she's gone.