54

I decide to go for a run, so I head downstairs. I can't believe that bitch was stripping in my room! I mean, what did she expect to happen? Did she really think Zane would do something with her? Something is seriously messed up with that girls brain.

"Hey, where you headed?" Felix snaps me out of my thoughts.

He's leaning up against a wall in the kitchen with a half eaten apple in his hand.

"Oh uh... for a run." I wonder if he knows what happened yet?

"Cool, want any company?" He pushes off the wall and tosses the apple in the trash can beside the counter.

I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly "Umm... actually I just wanted a moment to myself. You might want to go talk to Zane though."

He raises an eyebrow at me but shrugs "Okay, just stay in pack boarders and be safe."

He waves as he walks off and I wave back "Will do."

I head out back and strip down behind a tree and place my clothes at the base. It takes no time before I'm on all fours. I shake out my fur and start walking into the woods. The sound of a rabbit not too far off makes my ear twitch, and I decide to chase it.

I dart off in the direction I heard the rabbit and slow my pace once I'm close. I crouch down behind a bush and gently peek through it. The rabbit is still here, it seems to be building some type of burrow. I cock my head to the side and watch, it's actually pretty interesting to watch. When the rabbit turns sideways is when I notice it's rounded belly.

Awh! It's pregnant!

I watch her build her burrow a while longer before I slowly creep away. I don't want to give the poor thing a heart attack. I was looking forward to a chase, but I can't scare the soon to be new mother. I huff once I'm far enough away she won't hear me.

I take off running, loving the feel of the wind in my fur. I slow down again once the sound of running water catches my attention. I trot forward until I'm standing in front of a small river. It's actually quite beautiful. I take a dip in the river before I shake out my fur and lay on the river bank.

This is what I needed...

A break from everyone and everything. It's so peaceful here. A part of me wishes I could just stay here forever. A few hours will just have to suffice. I lay on my front paws and just observe the world around me. The scents, the beautiful colors and the sounds of the wildlife are very soothing.

I catch myself drifting off and sit up shaking my head to clear it. There's so much I need to do. First off is talk to Alexa and Layla about me training them. Then I need to talk to Zane about getting a plan together for the vampires. I shake my head once more.

Nope... I'll deal with it all when I get back.

Suddenly an uneasy feeling washes over me. You know the feeling you get when you feel like you're being watched? Yeah, that feeling. My ears perk up and a noise up in the trees draws my attention upwards. As soon as I look up a shadow jumps from one tree to the next. I feel my hairs stand up and a deep growl forms in my throat.

Wait... maybe it's just a warrior from the pack...

I stop growling and sit down watching the shadow as it circles around me. I try to link them, but I don't feel a connection. This has me back on my feet and growling once more. Then the shadow takes off, headed straight towards the pack house.

Oh hell no!

I take off after it. Like hell I'll let anyone in my pack be hurt! The shadow is fast, but not fast enough. I launch myself into the trees and shift before grabbing a branch and swinging my body onto it. I start to close in on the shadow when it takes a dive towards the ground.

You aren't losing me that easily...

I dive after it and end up tackling it as soon as it hits the ground. We roll a few times before I manage to pin it to the ground. Suddenly I hear a deep laughter coming from the shadow.

"Good job little wolf. You're getting much better."

I know that voice!

I quickly jump off the shadow and Vald appears in its place. I smirk at him as I hold out my hand to help him up.

Shit, I'm naked!

Vlad seems to notice my discomfort as I try to hide myself. He laughs as he reaches behind him and pulls a silvery white sequin dress and white sandals out of the bag he was carrying. I don't question it, I just quickly take the dress and sandals and slip them on. Not surprisingly it fits.

I'm sure they were meant for me anyway... He knows what today is...

"Yeah, you'd have known sooner if you ever came around." I quip.

"I'm sorry little wolf, I've been... busy." He says as he dusts himself off.

"Mhmm... and stop calling me that! I'm not little anymore." I mutter as I cross my arms defensively.

He pats the top of my head and laughs "You'll always be little to me little wolf. What are you doing here anyway?"

"Me? I should be the one asking you that."

"I'm hear to speak to the Alpha." He states.

"Why are you here to talk to Zane?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Wait, you call him Zane?" He looks puzzled.

"Umm yeah. He's my mate after all." I deadpan.

Vlads eyes go wide at that, then he starts pacing back and forth. I can tell he's thinking about something, I just don't know what. Finally he turns to me.

"Tell your mate to come to you."

"Why?" I ask him.

"We need to talk. All of us." He says as he leans back against a tree.

I give him a curious look, but nod.

'Hey I need you to come find me in the woods. I think I'm lost.' I link Zane knowing it's the fastest way to get him here.

'Don't move, I'll be right there.' He links back.

I take a seat at the base of a tree across from Vlad "He's on his way."

It takes less than five minutes before I hear Zane in wolf form barreling through the woods headed straight for us. Once he arrives he checks me over. He drops the shorts he was carrying in his mouth, then licks the side of my face.

Vlad coughs and Zane quickly turns to face him and snarls at him. Zane shifts and puts on his shorts.

"What the fuck are you doing out here with my mate?" Zanes voice is loud and angry.

I take that as my que to stand and defuse the situation. I walk up behind Zane and wrap my arms around his waist. I can feel some of the tension leave his body.

"It's okay, I know him." I tell Zane.

Vlad smirks "Yeah, we go way back."

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision the river, but feel free to change it however you like.

Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters
Also... I love getting comments ;)