16

Novas POV

I'm alone with Zane in his room again and my nerves are in overdrive. I need to get away from him, and fast.

"Soo.. you do have an extra room right?"

"Why would I need an extra room my love?"

"Well umm.. then where am I going to sleep? I guess I can take the couch, it doesn't seem too bad."

I knew better but I said it anyway, earning me a growl. He slowly strode towards me locking my eyes with his. When he reaches me he places one hand on my hip and the other cups my chin.

"Now why would you do that, when my bed is so much more comfortable? Come on little mate, are you that afraid of the big bad wolf?"

Ha.. no he didn't.

He gets a growl back in return as I make sure not to break eye contact.

Damn those sexy green eyes.

"Oh darling, I'm not afraid of anything anymore."

Shit! Why did I say anymore... fuck

"Anymore?"

He questions me like I knew he would. Cocking his head to the side, but making sure he isn't the first to break eye contact.

"Well, yeah. I mean I was afraid of the dark when I was little, but my father made sure I grew out of that quickly."

It's not exactly a lie, but also not exactly what I was thinking about when I said anymore.

"Don't lie little mate, it's not a good look on you."

At this I break our eye contact and smack his hand away from my face, while pushing him away by his chest.

His lean, muscular chest... no! Damn it! Stupid mate bond..

"I'm not lying about anything, but I am tired. So don't get any ideas. I'll share the bed with you but that's it."

He gives me a smirk at this and puts his hands in the air as a joking surrender.

"As you say, my love."

"And stop calling me pet names!"

I let out a huff of air crossing my arms, as I turn on my heels to head towards the bedroom. Of course with him hot on my trail.

This is going to be a long night.

Thank Goddess I passed out quickly, I don't think I can fight him off much longer. Then again what's the harm in a little fun? Doesn't mean I have to mark or accept him.

Right? I could have a little fun...

Right now I'm staring at his perfectly chiseled face as he sleeps. He fell asleep on his back, which I really don't see how anyone can sleep that way. I fall asleep in one position and wake up in another.

He snores lightly, and while normally this would annoy me to no end. On him it's kind of cute. I brush a lose strand on hair out of his face carefully, just not carefully enough apparently.

The next thing I know I'm letting out a small yelp as he has one hand gripping my wrist and the other is lifting him off the bed.

"What are you doing?" He eyes me cautiously as he let's go of my wrist.

"I-I'm sorry. You just had a loose hair and I was moving it." I stammered out.

Mental face-palm.. Apparently he's the one afraid of something.

He rolls on his side so he's now facing me, analyzing me with those green eyes again. I figure honesty is the best policy here, because honestly how could I even lie my way out of that.

"And why would you do that?"

By the humorous smile his giving me, I know he knows why I did it. He just wants to hear me say it. Well that's too damn bad, I won't give him the satisfaction.

"Because I thought it might go up your nose with all your snoring and didn't want it to wake you."

I smirk at the look on his face. He definitely didn't expect that response.

"And here I thought you were admiring me." He lifts a brow at me like he knows I'm lying.

"Nope. Just trying to help a brother out."

Help a brother out?!?! Who the fuck says that!?!? Goddess what's wrong with me??

He can't help but to burst out laughing and the sound alone makes me want to laugh with him. That and the fact that I have to laugh at my own stupidity.

"By the way, my father and mother will be coming home from their trip today. They're dying to meet you."

"Oh okay."

Is all I manage to say. For some reason I don't feel nervous about it, and I can't help but compare how things to him are with how they were with Lane. With Lane I felt the constant need to prove myself and be what he wanted.

With Zane everything just seems so easy, so right. I don't know if it's because I don't plan on staying or being his mate. Or if it's because things really are just easier with him, simpler.

He places a hand on the back of mine and starts rubbing his thumb up and down. I know it's crazy but just this little act of affection is driving me insane.

Regardless of the fact that I do want to have a little fun with him, I still need to be cautious and think it through throughly. A million things could go wrong, plus I need to pee and brush my teeth before I even consider kissing him.

He apparently thinks otherwise, before I can get up he wraps his arms around me and pulls me on top of him. One arm around my back and one hand on the back of my neck, pulling me down for a kiss. I can't help but let myself enjoy it, forgetting my lack of teeth brushing.

How does he taste this good this early?

I know he hasn't left the room since I woke up a little over an hour ago. Okay, yes I'm a creeper. Sue me. You would be too if you were laying next to a God.

The arm that he has around my back is slowly making its way down and over, so his hand is now on my ass. Normally I'd stop him there, but damn there's just something about him. It's not even the fact that he's my mate.

Or is it?

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision Luna Bellatrix (Zanes mother) but feel free to change her into whoever you want to see her as.