34

"Hello Lane."

The look on his face when he turned around, as I said his name; entering through the other door was priceless. I wish I could snap a picture. He pales immediately, unable to process seeing a ghost.

"B-but h-how? Y-you're not suppose to be here! You're suppose to be dead!"

"Oh how you so wish that was true. Don't you?"

"I fucking killed you damn it!" He roars stepping closer to me.

"No, you tried to kill me! Too bad for you, I didn't actually die. You should be more careful next time you want to kill someone. You know, like make sure they're actually dead." I give him a wicked smile and if possible his face pales more.

I take a step towards him and he takes a step back. Starting my game out right. He's afraid and he's showing it.

Yes, be afraid... be very afraid...

"Wh-why are you still alive?"

"Why? Ha. Oh sweetie, don't you mean how?"

I love toying with my prey...

"How are you alive?" He managed not to stutter that time.

"Now thats a good question. It's a funny story really."

I slowly walk towards him and he backs up until he ends up standing in front of a chair in the room.

"Here, have a seat while I tell you all about it."

I say as I push him down into the chair. His eyes widen more, I don't know how that was even possible. But he does it.

"It begins normal, with a simple; once upon a time I had a mate. This mate was sweet and loving at first. He seemed so perfect, like a dream come true. I thought everything was great with us. I thought we were happy. But you see, he used the sweetest lies to get to my heart. Then he broke it. He said horribly nasty and mean things to me."

"This is-" he starts to say something and stand. I push him back down as I cut him off. "Ah ah ah! I'm not finished yet."

"But here's the kicker. Not only did he break my heart, he also tried to kill me. Attacked me while my back was turned. Can you believe that? Then left me for dead out in the woods, in the middle of no where. What kind of weak pathetic asshole does something like that? I'll tell you, an insecure little bitch does."

His face has turned from panic to rage. His eyes are in slits as he stares me down. Looking ready to strike.

Good... get on my level bitch!

"That doesn't tell me how you're alive" He spits out.

"Yeah, that's the best part. As it turns out, I have a second chance mate."

His eyes go wide again at this. I think he even looks nervous again. He tries to hide it, but I see it.

You should be nervous...

"And this second chance mate just so happen to stumble upon me that very same night. He could smell all my blood you see. Alphas have a great sense of smell."

There's that panicked look again.

I love it!

"This Alpha was none other than the Alpha Zane Black."

Now sheer terror is the look resting on his face. As I walk closer and closer until I'm right in front of him. I lean down so I'm eye level with him.

"Now how do you think he felt when he found his mate in that condition? Not just any mate mind you, no. I'm his first and true mate." I give him a sinister smile.

If words could kill, Lane would be dead. He looks the part that's for sure. At least, it looks as if he wishes he were dead.

"So I have just one question for you Lane."

"What?" He grinds out.

"What should I do with you?"

Zanes POV

Have I said how much I love this woman? She truly is amazing. Right now I'm watching her, waiting for her ex mate to arrive. Once her father opens the door she looks nervous for a moment, then pissed. Fury and rage filled her eyes the moment she seen him.

I watch her as she watches him talk. What a stupid motherfucker. I can't believe the shit he's saying right now. I want to just go ahead and rip him into shreds myself. But I won't take her revenge from her. No, I'm only here to make sure she's safe.

I'll always make sure she's safe...

I see the anger build in her as she listens to him talking. Once he starts to leave, I watch her as she walks in the room. Drawing his attention was priceless. He looked ready to shit his pants.

Pussy...

She carries herself with strength and authority. Fuck, she's sexy as hell. I watch as she back him into a chair. I listen as she tells him her story. The faces he's making are to die for. I want to laugh, but remain silent.

I have to admit it breaks my heart hearing the beginning of her story. About how she thought everything was great and perfect. About how she thought they were happy.

But I'll give her the happily ever after she deserves...

At one point during her story she calls him out, and he looks pissed. I want to get closer to make sure he doesn't try anything. But I know she can handle herself.

When she tells him about me, he goes back to looking terrified. I must admit, I'm enjoying the way she's toying with him. Making him suffer more and more. Before the real fun begins. Then she asks him.

"What should I do with you?"

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters