Only when they got off work that night and returned to their room did Xiao Hua realize things weren't so simple. Only then did she understand why Eunuch Fu's expression had been so weird.

Turns out that 'have these two leave' wasn't left at that, but rather after leaving they were not allowed back in the hall to serve.

Before Xiao Hua and Xiu Yun returned, Xiao Xia Zi had already come and told them his highness's orders. In the future, Qiao Lian and Zhi'er would be responsible for sweeping the yard outside the hall.

They had fallen from heaven to earth in the blink of an eye. Having worked hard for so long, struggled for so long, they ended up back where they started.

Qiao Lian and Zhi'er were sprawled on their beds crying hard, seemingly unable to accept such a large downgrade.

Mei'er and Xi'er were consoling them on the side, though they had some schadenfreude in their expressions that couldn't quite be concealed.

The more time Xiao Hua spent with Xi'er, the more she realized that she wasn't that innocent. At least an innocent person wouldn't be able to carry out such acts of flattery, and also wouldn't have such an expression of joy at someone's misfortune.

The initial good feelings about her seemed ridiculous at this moment.

Turns out no one was innocent in a rich household after all. Even if they were innocent to begin with, they would change due to various circumstances over time. Especially when those who spent a lot of time together end up infringing on each other's benefits. Such changes were especially despicable.

When Xiao Hua worked at the various different places in the past, she had encountered such situations before. It wasn't as clear in other places since those were all smaller households. After getting to the Jingyang Marquis Estate it had gotten a lot more obvious.

Entering the Jingyang Marquis Estate at twelve, she started off as a sweeper maid.

The work of a sweeper maid was very labor intensive, and they would often get bullied by the other maids. Each of them were filled with thoughts of switching jobs. Those who stuck out in front of the grannies in charge would end up being besieged by the others in the dark. After she had entered the Jinxiu Pavilion and successfully schemed her way to senior maid, all those "good sisters" of hers in the past had changed their attitudes towards her.

When faced with such a stark change in attitude, she had secretly cried before, felt wronged before and complained before.

Only after dying once and coming back did she understand that the so called friendship and sisterhood was nothing in front of personal benefits.

Understanding is understanding, but every time she saw Xi'er she would think of the noisy girl she had gotten to know at first and feel faintly uncomfortable in her heart.

"Could you stop being so fake? I know you guys want to laugh. Laugh all you want, no need to feel stifled by holding it in." Qiao Lian pulled Xi'er's hand away, yelling as she sat up.

Her face was extremely twisted. She had never been one to hold in her anger, and now seemed even more hysterical.

Xi'er's face was full of shock, as though she couldn't believe Qiao Lian could talk about her like that, her eyes instantly turning red in grievance, "Qiao Lian how could you say that, I would never....."

Qiao Lian pushed her away, "Go go go, go further away. Stop acting all pure and innocent every day, your act doesn't fool me." She paused, then continued yelling at the others in the room: "We all know each other very well, why are you pretending? Does your heart feel so comfortable when seeing others in a tight spot that you have to come show off your existence?"