This kind of interaction was extremely weird. As his consort, the person in question was next to her but she directed her questions at the eunuch instead. This would make one cluck their tongue in trying to explain.

But those who knew the situation clearly understood the reasoning. The Jing Prince was a little unsound, and was mute. Within the capital, he always had the nickname of the mute fifth prince.

It was said after coming to the vassal state, he had been cured by a divine doctor. But since his personality had already been set, he remained taciturn and apathetic, rarely opening his mouth. Even towards his consort he rarely spoke, resulting in the current situation.

The Jing Consort understood this, and also understood that her actions in the past had resulted in a rift between them, which made the prince so cold towards her. For the sake of her own face, as well as for the sake of making the prince understand that she cared about him, she had a one-sided conversation with him through Eunuch Fu. Although she looked at Eunuch Fu, her words were really spoken for the prince to hear.

Eunuch Fu had served the prince for many years, and regarding the situation between the prince and his consort he was also very clear. He maintained a smile on his face as he respectfully answered all of the consort's questions. Although he spoke a lot on the surface, his answers were similarly lacking in substance.

Nana Li watched from the side in a panic, wanting to interrupt but not knowing where to cut in, not to mention the fact that she was a servant who shouldn't be saying anything.

The Jing Consort racked her brains and finally finished asking everything she wanted to ask. Looking at the prince's expressionless face on the side, her heart felt extremely dejected and extremely worried, but she didn't know what else to say. She was also afraid that after this routine checkup, the prince would leave right away.

After being stifled for a while she finally opened her mouth and spoke, "Your highness, you haven't eaten lunch yet right? I will have the small kitchen prepare some food, would you like to eat here?"

The room was very silent. The Jing Consort's servants were all holding their breaths, hoping the prince would stay for a meal. Eunuch Fu still had a smile on his face, though he was sighing in his heart.

The Jing Prince didn't look at his smiling consort before standing up and walking out. He never spoke a word from beginning to end.

Eunuch Fu threw a quick "his highness still has some matters to attend to" as explanation, and hurriedly followed him out.

The Jing Consort opened her mouth wanting to say something, but resentfully stopped herself. She could only watch helplessly as the Jing Prince and Eunuch Fu's silhouettes vanished before her eyes. She was also very clear that the next time he would visit was ten days later.

The Changchun Pavilion was scarily silent. No one dared to move while the Jing Consort remained unmoving.

After a good while, the consort smashed her tea cup, and sobbed, "What's the point of passing the days like this!?"

Nana Li made a gesture to the side and all the servants filed out, leaving the consort's personal servants Chun Xiang, Xia Xiang, Qiu Xiang and Dong Xiang.

Only after the doors were closed from the outside did Nana Li say comfortingly: "Consort, don't cry anymore. His highness's personality is like this, it's not as if you don't know."

"Wuwuwu...." The tears fell in a string on the consort's face, "I've already kept my voice and temper down, I've already changed, why can he not just forgive me? How could he be so heartless?"

Nana Li also didn't know what to say. She really wanted to say 'why didn't you do anything in the beginning?', but could she say that? She could only sigh.