Even though their clothes were soaked they were not allowed to go change, and were forced to keep holding the pot until the time was up.

After a few days everyone was complaining non-stop. Especially since their sore arms were not given a chance to rest before having to hold up the pot again the following day. It was basically torture.

The oldest of these girls weren't over sixteen, and the youngest was only thirteen. How could they endure such strict training? Many people secretly cried after returning to their room at night.

Yet even if they cried, they couldn't stop training. There were a few who refused to obey and were led away.

It was said they were returned to the trafficker. Having all come from traffickers and finally ending up in such a nice place where both food and housing were good, everyone gritted their teeth and continued to endure the bitter training.

Every day before noon they would train etiquette and in the afternoon they were responsible for learning the rules of the estate. After, they were given some leisure time, though by this point most people were exhausted and went back to rest in their room.

Xiao Hua rubbed her arms as she entered her room along with the other three.

All four lay on their own beds without the energy to even talk.

Xiao Hua used her hands to gently massage her own upper arms, and found her muscles to be extremely stiff and sore when kneaded. Still, Xiao Hua continued to gently rub using her hands. She learned from experience that if she didn't take care of it now, it would hurt even worse during tomorrow's training.

Only after rubbing out the knots in her arms with clenched teeth did Xiao Hua let out a breath and lie back on her bed.

After resting for around half an hour, the people in the room got up one after the other. After days of such a disciplined schedule, they didn't need to look outside to know it was time for dinner anymore.

After they returned from dinner, they casually washed up and went to sleep since tomorrow was another day of early training.

Auntie Qi who was responsible for their training probably felt that the past few days had been a little too harsh since the group of girls were all a little downcast. Today after training was finished, she didn't disperse them right away but remained instead for a speech.

"I believe that over these few days you have all become aware of what this place is. Working for our Jing Prince Estate comes with many strict rules and taboos, but there are also many benefits. Those who are able to qualify and enter will not only be given a monthly salary, but clothing for every season as well. Additionally, you won't have to worry about earning your freedom while working at the prince's Estate. Our estate rule is that every palace maid will be released at the age of twenty five. At that time, not only will we return your slavery contract to you, we will also arrange for those without housing a place to live within our Jing Province's borders. Most importantly, your listing on the slave registry can be erased."

Auntie Qi paused a little and spoke once again: "Perhaps you don't understand what I'm saying at the moment. However, I believe that someday you will. Now, everyone can go rest."

Everyone dispersed. Auntie Qi's words were too profound and none of the girls took it to heart. Yet Xiao Hua was incredibly shocked. Forget about what Auntie Qi said in the beginning. After all, it was the same benefits as most rich households. What moved her most were the last two benefits: arranged housing and slave registry removal.

There were two types of slaves in the Grand Xi Dynasty, official slaves and private slaves. Those like Xiao Hua were private slaves, who were attached to their masters. They were not listed on the household registry and were instead assigned on a registry for those of lowly status.