Chun Tao who was kicked to the floor was unable to get up, and Matron Chen did not have the ability to care about her as she immediately pulled Qiao-Shi to the side and wiped her stained clothing. Seeing the young master making such a commotion, she was worried he would lay his hands on Qiao-Shi, and so used the dirty clothing as an excuse to pull her away.

After flipping the table and kicking the maid, the young master had actually somewhat calmed down, watching Matron Chen busily wipe Qiao-Shi's clothing with a calm expression.

Only now did Qiao-Shi react, letting out a scream.

"What is the meaning of this? You normally don't bother to come see me, and when you do show up, it's to flip the table and hit my maid?"

If Qiao-Shi had understood the 4th young master well, she wouldn't have chosen to scream accusations at him at this moment. She should have first gone up and acted soft, admitting her mistakes. Once he had calmed down, he would have reflected on his actions and realized he had lost his temper. While he wouldn't have expressed it outwardly, he would have at least felt a little guilty towards Qiao-Shi. If Qiao-Shi expressed her grievances then, the couple's relationship might have eased a little.

As a whole, the young master was still a decent person. He would never abuse women because he felt such behavior was unbecoming of a man. The reason he lost his temper this time was firstly due to his recently unstable mood, and secondly because he felt Qiao-Shi didn't give him face. Of course, there was some intention of white knighting, since Bi Yuan had served him from a young age and their relationship was definitely uncommon.

Unfortunately, Qiao-Shi didn't truly understand the 4th young master, and ended up yelling accusations.

The anger in his heart had yet to fade, and Qiao-Shi's hysterics grated upon his ears, her inelegant sorry figure reflected in his eyes –

Her pair of small eyes bulged out of her round face, her neck rising and falling, the picture reminding him of a toad.

The 4th young master immediately turned his face away in disgust.

In his heart, he started complaining about his family picking such a wife for him again. Not only was she clumsy and round like a pig, but sharp and unkind with her words.

In reality, was our Qiao-Shi really as unappealing as the young master made it out to be? Her figure was just a little rounder and her shorter neck made her appear a little stouter, but definitely not comparable to a pig. It was just that the young master liked beautiful things since he was a child, and the pavilion's maids where all good looking. Having gotten used to such beauty made it harder to accept Qiao-Shi's appearance.

Qiao-Shi saw the young master not just ignoring her but also appearing to be disgusted, she felt something snap in her mind.

"Ruan Siyi, what is the meaning of this! You shun me on a regular basis and are unwilling to get close? Fine. But the moment you show up, you flip the table and hit my maid...." Qiao-Shi yelled while crying, grabbing Matron Chen's handkerchief and throwing it at the young master.

Upon seeing the disgust in his eyes, she immediately recalled their wedding night. When the veil was lifted, her heart had been filed with expectation, shyness and some timidity, yet it was met with his startled and poorly concealed look of disgust.

The 4th young master saw Qiao-Shi's shrew-like behavior and his temper instantly flared again, not caring if it was a loss of face to argue with his wife and denouncing her as soon as he opened his mouth: "I felt that the soup you gave me was too oily and didn't want to drink it, so I gave it to Bi Yuan. You slapped Bi Yuan over a bowl of soup. Does such shrew-like behavior still show an ounce of consideration for your husband's dignity?"