Chapter Fourteen

His slick smile brought back memories. The way he held his head up high like he owned the world. Everything about him brought back memories; memories that i did not want flowing in my head.

Without realizing it, I protectively put a hand on my belly.

“What are you doing here?” I asked harshly. I didn't care how rude, mean, harsh, or sour I was towards him. He left us. We had no money, no food, no warmth for a month before we got some money. He left us for another woman! Just up and left everything, everyone.

“I came to see my daughter. My have you grown up to be a very beautiful woman.” He said looking me up and down. He stopped at my belly and raised an eyebrow, “With child, I see?”

I simply nodded and continued staring at him with disgust.

“Do you need anything? Diapers, money, food?” He asked.

“Hell no! I’m not taking anything from you. You’re a terrible person. I hate you. Get out off my doorstep, and out of my life. Trust me, that wouldn't be very hard for you.”

“Don’t speak for your father like that! I am not some cold hearted beast! Please Gianna. I know I left you and the family, but I did it for your mother.”

“Leave.” I said tired of hearing the bull shit. He didn’t leave for my mom. He was and still is a selfish man.

Just as my father was going to continue on his stupid rant, Landen’s car drove up. He got out of the car and started to walk up to the door to come and get me.

“I have to go, please just leave.” I asked.

“Fine, I'll go.” He said.

“Wouldn’t be the first time.” I mumbled and he gave me a stern look.

“I'm not leaving for good. I'll see you soon Gianna.” He said. He leaned in to kiss my forehead but I dodged it.

My dad walked off to his car as Landen walked up to the door with a smile. I instantly calmed down as I saw his sweet smile.

“Hello there, beautiful.” He said as he leaned down and kissed my cheek.

“Hey, Landen.” I chirped, “Let’s go.” I said as I walked past him grabbing his hand.

“A little eager are we?” He said as we reached his car. He opened the passenger side door and I got in.

“I guess.” I said as he hopped in the other side. He laughed as the engine roared it life and we sped off.

*******************

“So tell me, why did you talk to me in the grocery shop?” I asked curious as to why he spoke to me.

“To be honest, I thought and still think you're gorgeous. I really wanted to get to know you, because you seem really cool.” He smiled.

“Thanks. So are you in school now or..?” I asked.

“Yeah well actually I just transferred from Cole Man. It’s about an hour away from here. My parents got divorced so I moved down here to New York, and now I go to David's school for boys.”

“I’m sorry to hear about your parents, Landen.  But, thats cool. David's school is like ten minutes away from mine, I think.”