3.02 - 𝘼𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙨

• • May 30, 2018 • •

LIFE WENT ON for Y/N L/N. He was at the tail end of his junior year of high school and summer break was around the corner. Tackling duties as both a student at Midtown and Spider-Man was starting to become an easy task for him since most of the people he cared about knew of his double life.

This also included Gwen, who ultimately figured out his secret at the start of the year, saying that nothing can be kept from her for that long. Y/N figured both girls in his life were either very smart and observant or he needed to do a better job hiding the fact that he was Spider-Man.

His relationship with Peter had been a series of lows and highs. Initially, Peter didn't want to talk to Y/N. By the end of their sophomore year, they began to hang out again but only if their other friends were involved. Still, Peter never really spoke to him during these hangouts. Going into junior year, Peter and Y/N engaged in small talk here and there...mostly if it dealt with schoolwork or the Stark Internship.

Y/N was okay with that though, his acknowledgment of him was a huge step compared to back when he decided to not talk to him.

Now at the end of the school year, it was just that. Small talk between two teenagers who used to be best friends. Y/N hoped they could reconcile one day, hopefully before they graduate from Midtown. Peter felt that way too, but would always brush it off and think maybe another day. Just like Y/N, he had his own duties.

It was just another day in one of the final weeks of the school year. Y/N and Ned took an art class together and for the last class, they went on a field trip to the Museum of Modern Art in Manhattan. After the trip was going to be their dismissal, so they were expecting a rather relaxing day afterward.

Y/N and Ned sat together on the way back to Queens. Y/N was getting pretty tired, so he moved to the empty seat behind the one they were on and rested while Ned sat in front on his phone. As they were crossing Queensboro Bridge, a chill alerted him along with the faint sound between his ears.

He lifted his head and looked at the raised hairs on his arm. He spun around and looked out the window of the bus, seeing a doughnut-shaped spacecraft above Greenwich Village. Y/N's eyes widened, and he knew he needed to go and figure out what was happening.

"Ned, hey, man." Y/N tapped his shoulder and then his face unintentionally. Ned didn't mind though, and he took out his headphones to hear what his friend had to say.

"I need you to cause a distraction." Y/N continued.

Ned quickly obliged. He looked out the window and saw the spacecraft in the distance.

 He looked out the window and saw the spacecraft in the distance

"Holy shit. We're all gonna die!" He exclaimed and ran to the back of the bus. "There's a spaceship!"

Everybody at the front of the bus ran to the back and looked out the window. There was panicked chatter, and it allowed Y/N to rummage through his bag and put on his fitness-band-looking web-shooters. He webbed the window across from him and pulled the latch, opening it so he can dive through.