Epilogue: 1

The remaining five chapters are structured differently than the rest of PIP. Instead of a chapter being one singular POV, the epilogues will give us pieces of the three main POV's within the story.

I debated on how to structure the ending of this story, and found that this would work best with all I hope to accomplish within these chapters.

PIP is a story told in pieces. Always has been. I hope you enjoy seeing where our characters end up.

_____________________________

Hermione
Two months later

Her arm knocks the cup of tea over, and onto the ground as she tries to grab the letters from the owl. The bird smacks into the bookcase across from her before righting itself, and dropping the two pieces of parchment onto her side table where her mug used to be. A loud noise from outside has them both jumping, and the bird flying out the window.

Damn it! Theo just bought this rug, and if I left a stain on it...

Hermione quickly glances outside to make sure none of the men had injured themselves again, and then bends down to inspect the damage, only to see her favorite chamomile tea still contained within the cup.

Even though it is sideways.

It looks like a magical barrier stops the liquid from spilling.

How in the?..

She winces as images rush to the forefront of her mind in an uncontrollable way.

She tries to hold them back, separate them, control them as it feels like they are attacking one another.

Breathe Hermione. You know they only last a little while.
Bare it for a few more seconds.

Her teeth grind together as she counts into the double digits before the hot pain begins to subside, and her brain feels like it belongs to her again.

It belongs to her more than anyone else now-a-days.

For the first time in a long time.

She holds on to that truth as she picks up the mug, and the parchment. Hermione tilts the cup upside down, and smiles as nothing comes out again.

The image of Draco doing the same movement over Theo's table of books months ago comes out as a clear image in her mind.

He made this for me.
He placed the charm on all the cups in this house for me.

It must have been recently, because she distinctly remembers Ginny purposefully spilling burnt cholcolate onto the front of her shirt the other day to get Theo's attention away from the blueprints on the kitchen table in the new house.

She seemed to be the only way to get him to take a break from working on their house they are building a couple of yards from Draco's.

Mostly because the parole magic only let Draco go so far from the house. Leaving them with no choice, but to build in close proximity. Theo was adamant that it was a perfect set up though. The weather was nicer than England, Blaise and Pansy were living close by in one of his family's vineyard estates. And most importantly in Theo's eyes, the large home came with a vast amount of land. Beautiful land. Most of it is open fields with little patches of wooded areas, and two small ponds. Perfect for flying. An area of importance for him, which makes no sense to Hermione because she knows he shares her aversion to flying. But nonetheless, seeing the land had solidified his newest fixation of building a house.

Hermione peels off the wax seals as she looks out the window again. Right now, the structure looks nothing like a home. More like a wooden mess that made all the men Theo had convinced to join him on this endeavor, angry and bickering with one another almost every day.