Chapter 27: Theo

"It is freezing. Can we cast warming charms?"

The blonde walking beside him nods. Theo waves his wand and says the spell, feeling the temporary warmth cover his body.

"I wouldn't need a fucking warming charm if Frosty here wouldn't have stolen my girlfriend. Why did she need to stay with the Golden Girl? I thought you and her had worked things out Nott."

They walk following the tree line of an open field. A small building that looked more like some type of storage facility came into view up ahead. The place was dark, looking abandoned.

"We did."

"Then why couldn't they have both come like last time? We all know you and Granger were just getting started when the lead came in and..."

"Blaise, shut the fuck up. Now."

The warming charm does nothing to stop the icy chill that takes over Theo's body at the sound of Draco's voice. He hated when he occluded so deep that it made his face, and voice change. It also scared the living shit out of him that Draco was worried. Usually when he was worried they should all be worried.

The man walking slightly behind them grunts but doesn't respond. Draco makes a sharp left, and starts into the thick woods as they get closer to the building.

Theo is trying to be positive. He has to be to stop himself from being overtaken with panic as they walk closer to where they would be making base for the night.

They had done this before. They had been on real leads that had resulted in nothing way more times than they had been accurate. What are the odds that their first real lead in months ends up being a live one?

The odds have never played to your favor Theo boy...

They round a bend and Draco stops.

"We'll set up here. It gives us the best view. Nott come with me to set up the perimeter."

Theo nods and drops his bag next to Draco's before following him. The two men raise their wands and start casting a detection spell that would encase the building and grounds around it. If anyone moved, apparated, or walked into the space they would know.

"So... she kissed you."

Theo watches as his friends wand waivers for a moment.

Come on Draco... Take some of those walls down.

"Yes she did."

"In front of me. That's a big deal isn't it?"

They both jump as a bird caws above them, landing on the chimney of the building, watching them maneuver through the woods around the field. Draco lowers the wand he is pointing at the bird, and huffs as he runs his hand over his face.

"I wouldn't read too much into that. But we are together."

Theo looks over at the blonde.

"Together? Like together, together?!"

He makes a gesture with his fingers that he knows Draco understands, and watches as a smirk forms on his face.

"Yes. We had sex Nott. And she agreed to be exclusive. Pan's little stunt worked in my favor."

No shit!

Theo stumbles over a root and almost launches his wand across the shadowy forest at the news.

"Wait so you guys are datin-?"

The word feels weird leaving his mouth, and he can see that the almost word has the same impression on his friend next to him. It was weird to talk about such concepts like dating, boyfriends, girlfriends etc. when the world was falling apart.