Chapter 41: Ginny

I want to start out this chapter by dedicating it to those of you reading this story who are going through, and continuing on in the fight that happens with every breath after losing a loved one.
Thank you to those of you who have shared your vulnerabilities and stories with me in an open and candid way that taught me the heartbreaking battle you warriors fight every day. Because that is what you are.
I pray this chapter does this hard, and impossible to truly understand journey justice. That you feel seen, and validated in your pain and loss. That you feel less alone wherever you are.
I hope I do this specific kind of grief justice.

TW!! - Depictions of self harm, and very disturbing images.

All rights of characters and world are reserved to J. K. Rowling.
__________________________________

"Ginny dear, you just dripped sweat into the biscuit mix. Either you take those ridiculous gloves off, or out of the kitchen with you!"

She stops stirring the large bowl, and looks down to see how right her mother is, but like hell would she be taking them off. No matter how hot and muggy the ransack house became.

Ginny sets the spoon down, appreciating the excuse. Her left hand and arm are killing her. Throbbing with every pulse of her heart, up into the side of her head.

"Sorry mum. I'll go set the table."

Her mother moves over to her space and bumps her back with her arse, having no time for her dilly dally. All of the high members of The Order would be here for the meeting tonight.

It had been 4 days since the mission at Hogwarts, and the first time everyone would be in the same room again.

Ginny walks over to the large cabinet, and waves her wand for the plates, and cups, and silverware to follow her into the meeting room.

Her left shoulder smacks into the door as she leaves.

Bloody hell, ouch! I thought you said I would feel better soon Teddy?

She trips over the edge of the rug in the hallway, and almost sends all of the tableware crashing to the floor.

"Damn it!"

She shakes her head, and has to squeeze her eyes shut for way too long as the room starts to move and waver.

It had been doing that again.

Everything around her looked far away, unclear, muffled in view and sound.

Like she is underwater.

Like she is somewhere else that nobody around her seems to notice.

With her eyes still closed she takes a deep breath in, before opening them, and focusing on nothing.

Just walking, barely existing, not really feeling present or even here.

Performing, pretending.

Trust me Teddy, I like to pretend too.

"You need some help Gin?"

She turns around to see Dean walking towards her with a concerned expression on his face.

Merlin's tits... just what I need...

"I got it Dean."

"You don't look like you got it, here."

He pulls out his wand, and floats the items into the room she is very clumsily making her way into.

She tries to roll her eyes, but the room moves again, and she feels herself losing her balance so she stops, and walks in after him.

They both start setting the places.