0.8

NOAH HAD received Lia's letter.

     But he never got the chance to read it. Mixed in with school and work, he got extremely busy. But it was Wednesday, and he was finally going to read it when he got home. He was tired. He had been up doing late-night shifts at the car shop he worked at.

     Noah was carrying a bunch of his notebooks in his hand, and rushing past a lot of people in the hallway. He wanted to read Lia's letter. He wanted to write back. But in the midst of rushing, he bumped into someone. A girl. His notebooks plummeted to the floor and he heard her gasp.

     Noah wanted to say something. Something to hurt her feelings but he stayed quiet either way. His jaw clenched as he bent down and started grabbing the notebooks that had fallen. What he didn't expect was for the girl to also start helping. After they had picked up all of the notebooks, she passed the ones she grabbed to him.

     Noah finally got the chance to see her—the girl. She had pale skin and blonde hair. She also had soft blue eyes with a very light purple hue—reminded him of blueish-purple hydrangea flowers. She bit her lip and looked down, "Sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you." And with that, she rushed off.

     She's pretty, he thought.