Nineteen | It's My Birthday

Someone is knocking on the front door

Someone is knocking on the front door. I have a pounding headache and I do not feel like being social right now. Whoever is at the door can fuck off.

I swear to god if they do not leave I will just shoot them and myself.

If it is that Girl Scout again I will just buy all her boxes so she never returns. She came to the apartment at least three times while Atlas was here. Atlas of course could not say no and bought himself three boxes of Mint Treasures.

That Girl Scout is really smart for going around NYU to sell her cookies. Especially since there are a lot of stoners on campus with major munchies. She is probably making a shit ton of money.

I have tried everything so far for this headache. I drank a cup of coffee, I took an Ibuprofen, I shut all my curtains to make my room dark, just the way I like it, especially when I have a headache this bad and I even took a nap.

It feels like someone is taking a hammer and hitting me with it.

That freaking Girl Scout is knocking again. "Edward!" Oh, fuck wrong name. "Ethan! Get the fucking door!" I scream not removing my head from the pillow.

Ethan is here in the apartment and I know he is awake. Why can he not open the door or at least buy the freaking cookies? Why is a Girl Scout even at the door right now, it is late.

There she is knocking again. I groan getting out of bed. Once I open my bedroom door the bright light from the kitchen hurts my eyes. I hiss at the pain. I stumble since everything is blurry due to me not wearing my contacts or glasses.

I get to the front door expecting a Girl Scout, but there is no Girl Scout. It is Indra. I take back everything I said. My eyes are barely open, but I know how my love looks even from afar.

I breathe deeply through my nose and mutter groggily. "What are you doing here?"

"Were you asleep? Oh, I am sorry. I will just get going. Sorry." She tries walking away before I grab her wrist. "No, it is okay. Is everything good?" My eyes are practically shut at this point and the headache only gets worse, but I still put on a smile for her.

"I don't want to do my assignment." She says with a smile. I love her smile. "So I'm your distraction?" I jokingly say. "Yes, you are."

I tell her to come in and she does. Maybe she will help with this goddamn headache. I wish I could just die right now. She sits down on one of the kitchen bar stools while I make myself some coffee.

For god sake, I hope the coffee works. I take another Ibuprofen. I notice she has something in hand and I ask her about it.

"I was painting my nails." I pick up her hand to see two of her nails painted a dark blue color. It is a pretty color. I like this color. "Can you do mine?" I ask her, letting go of her hand.

Her eyebrows twitch together and she looks at me unsure. "Are you sure?" She asks, tilting her head to the side. I nod, taking another gulp of my coffee.

Gambit (Obsessions in Overdrive #2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara