Fourteen | HAPPY

"Stop, it's wrong

"Stop, it's wrong. Try it again." Luke is tutoring me or is trying to. Everything he is saying is going in one ear and coming out the other. I try again at this stupid assignment thing or whatever it is called. I stare at the brick of a textbook that is right beside me.

"It is wrong again." He says moving over to his bed. "Try it again." I do not even know what I am doing wrong. I start to get frustrated and I play with the ring on my finger. Spinning it through my fingers. A headache begins as I struggle with this stupid ass assignment that I will throw out the window if I get it wrong one more time.

Luke gets up from his bed and walks over to where I am sitting by his desk. "Indra you did it wro-" I get so frustrated that I stand up, picking up the stupid brick textbook and slapping him across his face with it. "I am fucking trying!" I scream out.

His entire cheek starts to turn red. He just stares at me with a wide expression on his face. I realise what I did and I cover my mouth with my hand.

"Ouch." I start panicking and I kiss his cheek. "I am sorry. Sorry-" another kiss on his swollen cheek. "Sorry-" another one. "Sorry." I feel him begin to smile. That is not helping. I quickly walk out of his room without saying anything.

I go through his kitchen freezer looking for something cold. There is ice and frozen peas. Which one?

I start to hear my phone ring, but I ignore it. I pick up the pack of frozen peas and I walk back to Luke's room placing it on his cheek. "I am so sorry." He smiles when the cold hits his swollen skin. "It is okay, star." He says with a smile. My phone starts to ring again. An unknown caller is phoning me.

They know I hit him... I cannot go back to Jail. I hold the ice pack to his cheek. I pick up my phone and place it to my ear. He takes the frozen peas from my hand and just holds it to his face.

"Good evening. My name is Derek from Tisch Hospital. We are looking Ms. Naese." Derek speaks through the phone. I like the name Derek. It's funny. "This is she." I say. It is odd that the hospital suddenly phones me.

"Mr. Naese, your father came through our doors badly injured. He was jumped and he needs someone to come pick him up. He told me to call you." I start laughing. "Is this some kind of sick joke. Guess what kid, you are not funny." I scoff.

"My father has been dead for over 18 years." I say. "Well Ms. Naese he is here right now and he is clearly alive. Please if it is convenient come to Tisch Hospital." Brad or whatever he said his name was speaks.

I cut the call. I am hesitant to go, but what if he is alive. If he is alive then who the fuck did we cremate? This hospital guy must have the wrong Naese. I mean how many people have the last name Naese in the world. In New York actually.

They could have the wrong Andrew Naese. It's possible, but also impossible.

It won't hurt to go and see for myself.