Sixteen | Daddy Issues

My throat feels dry and my nose is stuffed as I start to come slightly alert at the sound of a few muted beeps

My throat feels dry and my nose is stuffed as I start to come slightly alert at the sound of a few muted beeps. I shift slightly, feeling Luke's hand holding mine.

I am met with the sight of the airplane seats in front of us when I open my eyes, the lights completely off inside the cabin. I completely forgot we were even on a plane for a moment.

I used to hate flying as a kid. It wasn't that I was afraid of it, I would just get so anxious being trapped in a cylinder for hours without being able to leave. I felt out of control.

Travelling alone is 10x worst. When I first came to the city I came alone. It was the most nerve racking thing I could ever imagine.

I have never fallen asleep on a plane before, but considering I am currently waking up from a nap that definitely exceeded an hour, I think it is obvious that I am not so afraid anymore.

Luke on the other hand looks like he had seen a ghost almost the entire flight here. He hates flying more then I do. Pretending to like flying is the worlds easiest thing to me just so he can calm down a bit.

He did however fall asleep. His hand was holding mine loosely since it made him calm down. My head was resting on his shoulder.

He shifts when I do so I look at him lazily, he smiles at me lightly when his half hooded eyes meet mine. He does not say anything, just looks at me with a smile that shows of his dimples.

We are landing within the next half hour or so which means I slept for at least 4 hours and I watched the whole thing through the window, the lights in the cabin turning back on once we start descending. I made Luke put earphones on and blast whatever music he wants since that helped him calm down when we were flying over Montana.

I watched as the Seattle lights got closer and closer, the anticipation of the airplane wheels hitting the tarmac growing.

This is it. We are here. And now I got to go to my old house to find out the truth.

Most of you are probably saying why I did not phone her, well it's because I feel like this should be a face to face situation and I really missed my sister. Plus everyone can meet Luke, but I am mainly here to find out the truth.

Once we get lower, Luke's hand grips mine a little tighter, his anxiety coming through a bit more, landing also makes me scared so this is a win, win situation in my opinion.

We landed shortly after and then about an hour and a half later, we are just two exhausted bodies standing in front of my old house.

The house has not changed since last Christmas. It did however get a paint job. I can see Celestia's room light is on.

"You ready?" I hear Luke ask. I just shake my head and take a deep breath. I can't just decide now that I want to go back to New York.

"But oh well." I say before walking up to the front door and knocking. It's dark outside and all the street lights are on.