Seventeen | Daylight

Sitting in a living room you are not familiar with is weird

Sitting in a living room you are not familiar with is weird. Sitting in a house you are not familiar with is weirder. Staying in a state you are not familiar with is the weirdest.

I heard Indra crying and it breaks my heart to hear her cry. I want to go up to her, but she told me to sit here. It is not my place to go there. However, I stop thinking about her when I hear door open to see some guy walk in. He is tall and broad and scary for a matter of fact. He has a bag of groceries in his hand and he looks like he just came back from work.

He looks at me for a bit. I just sit here stiffly before he walks away to all the noise. Not long after that a kid walks through the door. He has a box in his hand and he comes into the living room. He put his box down and walks over to me.

He sticks his hand out for me to shake and says. "Hi, I am Deon. What's your name?" He speaks like a robot. I am hesitant at first, but I shake his hand. "Luke." I say.

"Nice to meet you Luke. What are you doing in my house?" This kid is very straight forward and confident. He must be her step-brother. The seven year old.

"I am here with your sister, Indra." I respond. He looks shocked when I said her name. "She is here!" His eyes light up like a Christmas tree. He starts jumping with joy and takes a seat next to me on the couch. "Why are you with her?" His face goes all serious once again.

Okay stick with the title. She said you were her boyfriend. Say you are her boyfriend and do not let it get to your head. "Uh... I am her boyfriend."

"Why did you hesitate?" This kid does not even let me breath. His answers are so quick. "If you did not know I am a therapist. I am Deon 'the therapist' Benton." He looks me up and down. Am I about to get a therapy session from a seven year old?

He sits on the couch cris cross and clasps his hands together. "What are your intentions with my sister?" He leans closer to me.

"Isn't she your step-"

"What are your intentions with my sister?" He repeats himself. What are my intentions with his sister? I don't even know myself? Fake date her until I graduate I guess, but I cannot tell her brother that. "I guess my intentions are to date her." I tilt my head to the side.

He stares at me for a bit like he is torturing me for answering, but I don't have the answer. "If you did not know I can tell when people are lying." Can he really? This kid is kind of scaring me. "Do you like my sister?" I just nod. "Answer!" He leans closer.

"Yeah, yeah I do." Is this kid bullying me? I feel like I am being bullied. He gets off the couch and walks out of the living room. Thank god he is gone.

I close my eyes and relax a bit. I felt a little tense with that kid around. When I open them again he is standing in front of me with a Nerf Gun. "I also have a pistol locked and loaded."