Outcomes

Shouta stared at the hospital wall mindlessly waiting for nothing in particular in a hall full of dying people. He was there not for his husband who was a pro hero and got injured a lot during his work. Not for a friend of his that might have been unfortunate enough to be in the middle of a villain attack. No. He wasnt.

He was standing next to a door that read 'UA'. It was a room specially made for his students. How sick was it? A room made to keep a bunch of 15 year olds alive.

It made shouta sick. To think of how much easier it would have all went if he was faster or stronger or more vigilant. If he had been more careful. If he had been better.

Aizawa wonders about the what ifs that came im the scenarios where he was better. A better teacher, a better human, a better person and a better hero. If he had been better at doing what he did and in supporting the children that trusting him.

He wonders that if he was good enough, for once even, if he would have been able to save bakugo and keep midorya from breaking more than 100 of his bones and if he would have kept shouto from all the pain and yaoyorozu from the waves of nausea she had to endure.

He wasnt good enough.

He never was

And it was foolish to ever think he was worthy enough to call himself a hero and even more a teacher, a caretaker, a sensei.

It was a joke and shouta was in the middle of it.

"Hey" he hears a distant voice pull him out of his stance. "How are you shouta" she asks.

"Mitsuki" he whispers, his eyes wide.

"Im here to pick up shouto"

"Oh" he utters out. His mouth felt dry, just like a cactus maybe in the middle of a dessert.

"Yeah"

"Look im so-"

"No. Shouta. Look i- i trust you" she started with an apparent quiver in her voice "and i  have to trust the heroes. I- i know my son will be back, i know you will fomd him... either- either dead or alive it doesnt matter. I know ill see him i know ill say goobye to him and i know you will do whatever you can to help him. So please. Dont say sorry until i have to burry an empty casket"

"I uh ill get shouto"

"Okay"

______________

The ride home was silent.

Shouto could hear the sound of screeching tires and the wind blowing. He could hear the honks from other cars and tiny bits of conversations from the people that they passed.

But the ride home was silent.

Mitsuki had looked sad, almost dumb. She had her keys in one hand jingling until she reached the door, shouto spotted the way they shook as she tried to get them in.

Her shoulders slumped and started to quiver as she tried to get the key in.

A tear streams down her face to her finger and she lets go and lets her arm fall numb, then she cries.

Shouto had never seen her cry, it was a first. He takes a key and unlocks the door ignoring the 'sorry's and multiple apologies that mitsuki had uttered out tgrough sobs.

It was shoutos fault he was gone.

Shouto didnt deserve this.

They get in and shouto leads her to the room but refuses to touch her. She may burn or turn to ashes if he touched her. Even a slight brush would give her an immense amount of pain.