not a todoroki

during the next two days shouto doesnt listen to the statements given. he sat there, on the wooden seat for hours taking in nothing except for the occasional patting he got in the back (he didnt even know why he just took it) and now it was the last day, shouto had re-entered the real word trying hard to keep his mind there and fully awake.

it was the day he was waiting for.

the moment of truth.

"todoroki enji" the judge said and his eyes widen "is found guilty of abuse and child neglect. todoroki shouto will be free of his custody cutting all existing relations" she had been reading the words out of the paper so easily and effortlessly that shouto was almost angry about her monotonus voice devoid of all emotion.

he was finally free.

and as a reward he let his mind wander again, into am abyss of thoughts into another dimention as the judge declared the rules for the custody handling and the things that came with. of course he didnt listen.

but what he could hear was izuku's uncontrolable sobbing, and as he turned to tell him off about it a hand holding his shoulder makes him halt.

he turns around.

natsuo.

the one person that has despised him for god knows how long.

"what?" he says coldly

"can we talk"

"no" he says and nudges the hand off.

"dont be a fucking dick" natsuo says but shouto isnt listening. ge asked his friends to wait outside while he dealt with his br- with todoroki. he could feel his face heat up in anger but contained himself in order to listen to the other.

"oh im sorry, did i hurt your feelings?" shouto says mockingly, his upper lipped tucked in the bottom one as he fake cried.

"what the fuck man"

"oh was that it? i thought it would be much more dramatic than whatever that was but okay"

"why didnt you tell me? why did you let me think whatever i did? why?"

"youre playing the victim now?" shouto said as he saw his brothers eyes well up in tears. no remorse. no mushy feelings.

shouto hated how he had to remind himself that natsuo was one of the people that hurt him a lot. he hated that he had to remember all the shit he pulled and made him feel.

"Yesn i
m playing the victim! youre making me look and feel like shit!"

"oh im sorry, i cant imagine being able to go through half the pain youre experiencing right now. how do you do it?" he said with a bitter taste of ash at the tip of his tongue.

"oh come on! i could have done something and you would have been okay now. if you werent so selfish-"

"selfish? SELFISH? I WAS SIX GODDAMIT FUCKING SIX, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT ME TO DO?"

"SAY SOMETHING"

"TO WHO? YOU? YOU. THE PERSON THAT WAS HAPPY WHEN HE SAW MY SCAR 'AT LEAST YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SHE HATED YOU' WAS THE FIRST THING YOU SAID TO ME AFTER YEARS OF NOT SEEING ME"

natsuo stays silent. he clearly remembers that day like it had been yesterday. his mother had just been deported to wherever place and he had just found out the story as to why she was kicked out.

for the first time in four years natsuo and fuyumi were allowed to see shouto when he was in the hospital room, and of couese natsuo was mad at him for removing the one parental figure he had. as a revenge, he decided to tell him the nine most painful words he could think of. 'at least you know how much she hated you'  was the last thing he told his brother.