mornings arent shoto's thing

shoto isnt sure how and when he drifted off to sleep, but he knows one thing, and it was that he had shut his eyes late at night and opened them to the sound of vacuum cleaners and bakugo.

ugh bakugo.

he was yelling something within the lines of "OI WAKE UP HALF N HALF ITS 6 IN THE MORNING YOU SLUG"

and he went on blabbing about something else but shoto was not having it. he lifted hid pillow from beneath his head and smacked it to his face covering his ears and proceded to dramatically groan into the pillow.

"shut up" he rasps out trying to keep the remaining will to sleep since he hadnt done so in ages.

maybe not today he told himself as bakugo's yelling got gradually louder and louder trying to wake him up.

shoto did not know why bakugo was so desperate to have him awake. so he just sat up and today at this moment it was shoto who was glaring and bakugo who looked confused and out of it.

shoto was not a morning person and katsuki made note of that.

"get up dimwit"

"i am up" he grumbles like an old man, his mouth dry and his lips chapped, he felt crust at the corners of his eyes- that were partially shut- he also felt the annoying dryness of his hands as he rubbed them at his knees.

shoto was not a morning person, and katsuki made fun of that.

"get up" he says again and even though shoto had plopped down to his matress with his palms resting over his eyes, he knew that katsuki was smirking.

katsuki was a morning person and shoto made a mental note of that with utter annoyance.

"why" is the1 only thing he asks as he slowly removed his hands revealing his very sleepy face.

"speak up you ugly nutcracker"

"thats a new one" he says smiling.

"fuck off"

"likewise" he says turning to his side and closing his eyes again trying to fall asleep.

"oi oi no sleeping get up were going on a run"

"A RUN" shoto suddenly jolts up to stare at the chrimson red eyes, shocked. dod he read it wrong or was it really six in the morning?

it was.

and shoto felt the opposite of delight.

"YES A FUCKING RUN, GET UP"

"no" he deadpans going back down.

"YES"

"WHY"

"YOURE GOING TO TURN TO MUSH IF YOU KEEP UP THIS SHIT"

"YOURE TURNING MY BRAIN TO MUSH BY NOT LETTING ME SLEEP"

"YOURE GOING TO GO RUNNING"

"BUT WHY? ITS NOT LIKE YOUVE NEVER GONE ON YOUR OWN"

"LETS FUCKING GO ICYHOT"

"NO"

"ILL FUCKING CALL OLLY AND TELL HIM TO SIT ON YOUR FACE"

"THAT WOULD BE BETTER THAN WHATEVER YOU WANT TO MAKE ME DO"

"ILL MAKE SURE HE FARTS DONT FUCKING TRY ME"

fast forward two hours, shoto is heaving on the sidewalk as katsuki joggs in place with olly's leash in hand laughing at the other's misery

"i... hate.... you..... fucking bitch"

"cursinng isnt your thing icyhot lets go"

"why would you sprint all the way? are you dumb?"

"i wasnt sprinting" he says in full honesty

"oh fuck off yes you were"

"sorry to break it to you princess but this is the normal pace"

"in hell maybe"

"how the fuck are you ranked 2nd if this is the shit you do after a warm up"

"THIS WAS THE WARM UP"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU BARELY DID ANYTHING"

"and let me remind you that im the master in quirk and hand to hand conbat, running fast doesnt do shit if you cant do both"

"yes it fucking does." he says and then pauses "and im better than you in both of those icy"

"no you arent blondie, plus, im smarter than you so..."

"YOURE SMARTER THAN ME?! DONT FUCKIN MAKE ME LAUGH"

"i wasnt joking pompoms, sorry to break it to you, but i rank higher than you in almost everything"

"looking at you thats hard to believe isnt it?" he laughs

"can we go back now?"

"no"

"WHAT? WHY NOT?"

"HAND TO HAND COMBAT ICYHOT, NO QUIRKS"

shoto slumps forward and gets into a fighting position just like katsuki, he preps himself before lunging foraward, one hand on his own wrist and the other put vertically as his elbow colides with katsuki's neck taking him aback pushing him to a wall. shoto smiles and tilts his head , "i thought you were good at this" he creeks out.

shoto knew what he was doing, it was funny and he was bored. shoto knew he was fueling an already fired person as he burned with anger and surprisingly passion, a demonic grin drew itself on the others face as he held shoto's elbow and wrist with both hands.

"we'll see about that icyhot" he says, kicking shoto in the stomach resulting him to jolt forward, his foot at the other's ankles, katsuki pushed slightly before shoto jumped and put all his weight onto the other, he then slides his palms on bakugo's shoulder, smiles at him before jumping and using bakugo's shoulders as a projectile.

it was all too fast, shoto was now behind bakugo, it didnt take long before he was able to turn around but to his luck shoto pressed his foot to his hind leg and ticked a nerve making bakugo drop to his knees. shoto then put his hands back on the others shoulderblade and made bakugo lie on the grass and he smiled again.

"10 years didnt go for nothing" he says and then places himself next to bakugo looking up at the sky. "better luck next time pompoms"

to his surprise bakugo doesnt talk, back he just says "what are you gonna do icyhot?"

"what do you mean?" he asks

"im not letting you go back there, so what are you going to do"

"im not sure"

"does it hurt"

"not anymore" he answers.

"youre going to talk to aizawa right?"

"yeah" he looks at bakugo "can you just let me sleep for now"

"fuck you"

"okay bakugo"

"shut up, i can hear that ugly smile"

"apologies"

"at least make it sound real"

"i'll rehears it in the mirror every morning for you"

"im gonna dicapitate you"

"i hope you do"

"go to sleep"

"okay master"

"fuck you icyhot"

"you love me loser"

"whatever"

"you didnt deny it" he says smiling "bakugo?" he turns around to see katsuki's eyes shut, his chest rising soothingly shoto realizes that it was the first time he saw the other this calm and collected. it was relaxing. to his turn shoto closes his eyes and wanders off to a deep sleep trusting katsuki to wake him up once he did himself. "thank you" he whispers before letting himself fall into slumber