mother dear

"OH MY GOD TODOROKI'S HERE" someone yells and todoroki isnt sure of the person or his name but smiles as he hears grumbles from behind him.

"wow i didnt i was famous around here" he says after hearing multiple people call out his name asking him questions.

"we were so worried dude" kirishima comes and places his hand on shoto's shoulder.

"well i am perfectly fine, the faculty is over dramatic"

"but what happened to you?"

"well i might have gotten attacked by a villain, i treated the wounds but they were still worried so i spent the day at recovery girls office"

"well were happy youre fine" a girl says. midorya keeps talking abouther but he has no idea of who she is. maybe he should pay more attention.

bakugo was shocked to say the least. if shoto hadnt spent the last week at their house he wouldve fallen for whatever he had said. it was mesmerising, the way shoto lied smoothly and very easily like it was some game that was supposed to be played by much younger people.

shoto lied so naturally he wanted to know what was a lie and what wasnt, he was curious.

"why did you guys come at the same time anyway? usually youre first to come roki" shoto didnt know this person's name either. he knows him from the sports festival, he was pretty harsh on the dude but he couldnt get a hold of his name.

"i suppose i came in late, father changed schedules and i met the gremlin on my way here, its hard not to spot him"

"SAYS THE DUDE WITH TWO HAIR COLORS"

"at least i can tame my hair, unlike you boomboom"

"FUCK YOU ICYHOT"

"oh no im so threatened, please bakugo spare me im a meak and weak helpless person" he grumbles sitting down at his desk and smiles at momo.

before katsuki could say anything he was shut down by aizawa asking them, specifically him to be quiet and katsuki didnt want to take any chances, so he listened and sat down.

shoto became more and more restless as the time went by. he could hear the uneven ticks of the almsot battery dead clock, the pen cap springing up and down in the hands of denki, he could here the pencil collide with the paper as momo wrote in her copybook, but as hard as he tried he couldnt hear what aizawa was spurring on and on about.

his ears buzzed painfully and he tries to stop it by putting his palms against his ears and shutting his eyes. it didnt work. shoto felt like he was dissociating, like something was pulling away at him making him lose control of his brain.

he was going.

shoto wished he could stop the heartache and the twist in his stomach.

he just-

a hand.

a hand on his shoulder.

shoto notices and quickly looks for the person the hand belonged to. aozawa sensei was there still reading from his book and everyone focused in their own and shoto looks at him. he looks at him and sees sympathy and understanding.

no fuss was made and shoto was thankful for that.

now, after a few hours it was finally last period and for shoto that period was free, so he told katsuki he would be back at around six earning a nod and made his way out of the premises leaving his friends behind.

today shoto was going to see his mother for the first time in a decade.

He goes to the reception and tells the lady he wants to speak to rei todoroki, he got his ticket and was led there by another nurse called amaya. she wanted to make sure everything was okay.