♡ when they restarted♡

⚠️important information ⚠️
- age: 17-18
- cigarette use

Word count: 982

Stan let out a sigh and cracked his neck. He sat down at the edge of the starks pond, lazily watching the small waves that ripped in the lake.

"Its been a while since we just, hung out" Kyle gently smiled, meeting eyes with Stan through the lakes reflection.

"A while? More like seven years" Stan muttered, "what was the change of mind?"

"Watched to catch up, you know, we're gonna be going to collage soon" Kyle shrugged "you were my best friend growing up"

"Yeah, seven years ago" the noirette repeated.

Kyle gave a weak smile and looked down at the grass, picking at it. "What collage you going to?"

"Not sure sure, I'm moving to the city next month" Stan replied, his voice sounding dull.

"What.." the redhead whispered, suprised by this information.

"Don't sound so suprised, you haven't talk for seven years" Stan huffed "it's won't make a difference"

"I... why did we stop talking,"

"Because you couldn't put up either my depression" Stan scoffed, digging into his pocket for the packet of cigarettes and lighter "and now I'm forced to pay more then fithy bucks per therapy session"

"Therapy? For how long"

"Since i was ten, you know, around the time you left me for cartman?" Stan sighed, knowing that this topic won't be dropped and his moods going to worsen.

"right... that was a long time ago" Kyle muttered, thinking about how much fun fourth grade used to be.

"Yeah, seven years ago" Stan rolled his eyes, taking a puff on his cigarette "didn't you know that"

Stan let out a small chuckle, "you know smoking bed for you?" Thr redhead then said, waving the smoke from his face.

"So is drinking, you didn't care when I began drinking back in fourth grade" Stan muttered "it started seven years ago"

"Shit, I don't even think I realised.." Kyle pinched his bridge between his eyes and sighed "why didn't you tell anyone?"

"Are you kidding? When i tried to get yours, kennys and everyone elses help you all said I was 'too moody' and dropped me as a friend!" Stan scoffed, taking a large puff of his cigarette.

"Right..."

"I lost all my friends seven years ago!" Stan muttered, "thanks for that"

Kyle coughed, waving the smoke out his face again. "Sorry man, can you let that out?"

Stan sighed and threw the cigarette into the pond.

"Do you still drink?" Kyle asked, awkwardly biting his lip.

"Sometimes, mostly just smoke weed and cigarettes.."

"Jesusz I've never done drugs in my life" Kyle shrugged, "maybe you should stop?"

"Wow, maybe you should be my therapist" the noirette sarcastically clapped his hands.

Kyle gave a small smile and nodded his head "Wanna change the topic?' He asked.

"No, actually, I wanna continue this" Stan frowned "like, I was always there to support you! Even when you went into hospital! When you lost ike and when you wanted to take a fucking whale to the mood"

Kyle just sat there, staring at the grass, listening.

"But then when I get depressed and need support, your just like 'bye bye stan' really? And we called back other best friends" he sighed, wishing he didn't throw the cigarette.

"Yeah, I know, I'm an asshole" Kyle nodded his head, realising how stupid he was for leaving someone who needed his help.

"You were an asshole," the noirette then muttered "No clue if your still an asshole since we last talked seven years ago"

"Why do you keep saying that?" Kyle questioned, looking over at Stan "that it all happned seven years ago"

"It means this Conversation is very over due"

Kyle hummed in agreement, "your right, sorry"

Stan said nothing, just shrugged his shoulders.

"I know this may be stupid to ask" Kyle then trailed off, scratching the back of his neck, Stan looked over at him "could we maybe restart? Like forget all the fucked up things I left you with?"

Stan smiled lightly and nodded his head "Yeah, I mean, I've definitely messed up out childhood also, I'm the one who drank the alchol"

Kyle chuckled "so from now we start over?"

"From now"

-

Stan raised his arms above his head, stretching and hearing his arms and back crack. The noise left the boy to cringe.

He had been moving boxes into his new apartment all morning. It was a large apartment, two bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room. There was enough space to set a family sized tent in the living room.

It in the city and the windows were the length of the wall, giving you a grew view of the outer areas of the cirt that were feilds. Stan had really got lucky with his place.

As he looked around the apartment for his next plan of action, there was a knock on the door. The noirette let out a hum and walked to the door, answering it.

"Hello?" He greeted whoever wad at the door with a small, polite smile.

"Hey, I'm Kyle Broflovski, I'm ment to be the roommate to Stan Marsh?" The tall redhead at the door said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Kyle! Hey, come on in!" Stan gave a polite smile and moved out the way for his roommate to walk in "Sorry about the boxes, it all got dropped off this morning"

"No, that's fine" Kyle assured and gave a big smile, then looked over at the Ash tray on the kitchen counter "you know smoking bad for you?"

Stan shrugged "I know the smells revolting but, I'll stop smoking in the apartment"

"You should stop smoking all together"

Stan stood there and thought about it, smiling slightly. "Maybe"

Kyle sat on the sofa "I'm getting serious dajavu right now" he laughed, looking back at Stan.

"Somehow, so am i"