Chapter 2

Edited 01-02-2016

Lilith's POV

Mom is staring at me with wide eyes, but I'm just shocked, so I'm not looking back at her. Adopted and a witch? No, they're just planking me. Where are the cameras?

But I know that my mom, or Lucy or whatever, isn't a liar, so I should believe her. How is that possible? I believe in mythical stuff like unicorns and fairies, but witches aren't part of that group. I think I'm in shock, because I can't even find words to answer her. I only nod and stare at the floor, with tears pouring from my eyes. How could they hide this from me? Being adopted is a serious issue, so they should have told me this earlier.

"Why?" I ask her. "Why didn't you tell me I was adopted? Why now?" My voice rises with each word and I finish the sentence screaming. I hope my sisters hear me, so they know what their parents did to me.

"Lilith, honey." Mo- Lucy reaches for my arm but I lean back, away from her hands. "I'm sorry. But your parent.. They died when you were a child and we were their best friends. We wanted to take care of you, help them with this. They always helped us whenever they could and it was out turn then. We should have told you that before but we weren't ready. We raised you like our own child..."

Lucy is crying too. Why is she making this so hard? I want to hate her, I want to yell at her and leave this house right now but I know I can't do that. They raised me like their own child and I'm grateful for that. But it still hurts.

Looking at her right now, I see how much she loves me, like a mother. I realize that I'm still her child and she's the only mother I've met.

"Just talk to me honey."

"Mom..." I begin. She starts crying harder when I call her mom, but that's not the way I feel about her now. Funny how a few words can change the way you look at someone. "Who were my biological parents? How did they die?" I really want to know the reason behind my adoption.

"Your mother, Lily, was my best friend when we were at school, and your father, James, was Daniel's best friend. And they..." She stopped there, and I know that I'm not going to be pleased with what she's about to say.

"What happened to them?" I ask her, impatient. Let's get this over with.

"They were killed..." She starts, gulping s few times. "They were killed by a very dark wizard... The darkest wizard of all times, a very powerful person too. He entered your house when you were only a year old, and killed your parents... But when he tried to kill you and your brother he failed. That's all I know." Wait a minute! Brother?! I have to ask her something that has been bothering me for a while.

"Is his name Harry?" She instantly reaches my hand and gives it a little shake.

"How do you know that? Are you having your dreams again? The ones with the boy and the old man?" She asks. Damn, I forgot I told her about the dreams when I was thirteen. When the Voldemort guy appeared the first time. And I remember her doing something with that stick and saying something strange. I somehow forgot all my worries and went back to my bed. This is the first time I've thought of this.

"Yes, his name is Harry. I only know this because the man who saved you from your house told us. His name is Severus, and he's your godfather. When he found you, your brother was already gone. He was taken by another man, who took him to your uncle's house. They knew that you weren't safe together, so they decided to separate you. I told them what I thought, that your mother would want her kids to grow up together, but they didn't listen to me."