Chapter 26

Edited 24-05-2016

Lilith's POV

As I walk to breakfast, a bright and big portrait catches my eyes. It's the one next the floor, so I walk to it and read it.

BY ORDER OF THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC
Dolores Jane Umbridge (High Inquisitor) has replaced Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-eight.
Signed: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister for Magic.

I'm sure they posted it last night, after everything that happened in Dumbledore's office. There's a line behind me, now that they noticed it as well. I leave the hall and find Harry leaning against the Great Hall's door, probably waiting for me.

"Hey." He says and I hug him. McGonagall walked us to our dormitories and told us not to leave or talk to each other. She knew we would try to sneak out and see what as happening, so she forbade us.

"Hey, Harry." I whisper, and he grabs my arms.

How are you? You know, after yesterday's events." He asks. "I'm a little pissed off at Cho. How could she? But you handled it pretty well, she's scared of you. And I don't want to see her again."

"Harry, don't say that's! She was your first love, you'll never forget her. But you'll end up forgetting about he a little and you'll move on to another girl, a girl that's a lot better than Chang."

"You don't like her, do you? He raises his eyebrows at me.

No, I don't. But that is very irrelevant right now." I say. Do you know where Draco is?"

He doesn't answer and looks down at his feet like they are very interesting. He's hiding something, I have to make him talk.

"Harry, tell me."

He looks around and nods, taking my hands in his. Oh no, this is really bad.

"Lilith, I think you should break up with Draco." He whispers.

I stare at him, waiting for him to laugh or something, to tell me that this is all a sick joke. But he doesn't, and I know that he's serious.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I ask, lowering my gaze.

"See for yourself." And with this, he opens the door and we enter the Great Hall. I look around the room, everything seems quite normal, the only thing that call my attention is the amount of Gryffindors talking. We are a little quiet so this surprises me.

"Come and sit, you should eat something." Harry grabs my hand and makes me sit between Ginny and Hermione, both staring at their plates. Something is definitely wrong.

"Guys, cut the damn bullshit and tell me what's going on!"

Hermione stares at something or someone behind me and I follow her eyes to find Draco and my Slytherin friends. But Draco is laughing and hugging another girl. Not me. What is wrong with him? And as if noticing me, he grabs her hands and stands, walking hand in hand to the door with her.

I don't know what to think. Is he cheating on me, like this? Everyone knows we are dating, why would he do this now? After yesterday? Maybe that's the reason, he's mad at me for being part of the 'secret organization'. I have to follow him.

"Guys, I gotta go. Talk to you later in class." I stand but Harry grabs my hand. What, Harry?"

"Meet me near Snape's office in twenty. He told me while I was waiting for you." I nod and he lets me go. So I go and leave the Great Hall to follow Draco and that girl. I'm almost catching them when someone grabs my when and makes me turn around.