"Because Chelsea and he were like on-off for ages. It was fucking annoying. Chelsea always wanted a relationship, Rafe didn't and then they'd go back and forth. Obviously, Rafe had like 20.000 other girls around at all times, but he never ever brought them to one of her parties or something. She must be so fucking mad right now."

My mind was definitely too hazy to properly intake any of that information. "Oh wow."

Sarah let out another laugh, noticing my inadequacy. "Here take this," she grabbed into the cabinet and handed me a face wash.

"Splash some water on your face. You'll feel better trust me. And then come join me in the pool," she smiled, before leaving the bathroom.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Feeling slightly less dizzy, yet still, equally out of it, I walked back downstairs onto the patio.

And stood there was Rafe talking to the blonde girl who full-on body-slammed me a few hours ago.

I took a deep breath and made my way over to them.

"Honestly I don't know why you're with her. She's a Pogue and isn't even that pretty," the blonde girl told Rafe as she crossed her arms. "You know how good we were. So why don't we drop the games and get back together?"

"Chelsea, I need you to shut the fuck up ok? You and I are over."

A victorious smile formed on my face.

Just to provoke her, I sneaked up on Rafe intertwining our fingers, and passionately kissed him.

"Oh sorry, didn't mean to interrupt," I said as sweetly as I possibly could, leaning my head on Rafe's shoulder.

"Chelsea meet Stella; Stella meet Chelsea," Rafe introduced us, yet Chelsea just rolled her eyes.

"Hi," I told her, trying to pretend I didn't see her eye-rolling her eyes or hear her insult me minutes ago.

She gave me a slight nod, not really acknowledging my presence. "So you are from the OBX, right? Live on the Cut?"

I bit my lip and tried to calm myself. "Yeah, I live on the Cut. Just moved back from Santa Monica. Are you not from the OBX?"

"Well, my family is actually from the South, better said Tennessee. Family loyalty is pretty big down there."

The dumb bitch was talking about Tyler, I knew she was.

"Just like slavery."

All four eyes shot toward me taken aback by my words. "What? I'm not wrong, am I?" I shrugged.

And while Rafe's eyes showed amusement, Chelsea looked like she was about to combust.

"Rafe, could you maybe get me a drink?" I fluttered my eyelashes at him.

"Sure, I will be right back," Rafe looked between us, an awkward tight-lipped smile appearing on his face. "Don't scratch each other's eyes out."

He disappeared into the crowd leaving me alone with Malibu Barbie.

"So am I wrong?"

"Well, that's in that past."

"Right and the past is the past right?"

She adjusted her red dress and rubbed her nose briefly. "Right."

"I think you should uphold that attitude about relationships," I shrugged running a hand through my curls.

"Sweetheart," she started in the most condescending tone ever. "Rafe will ditch you in no less than a week.  It won't work between you two."

"Ok, well... If I wanted your opinion I would've asked."