21- when you're away

Start from the beginning

"we have paperwork," Ran smilingly says, as if that fact was such a redeeming quality that could somehow cancel out being a murderer.

"so you do go to the office?"

"hmm, let's see. well, before I met you, I'd stay in the office when the sun's out and I'd do the outside jobs at night."

"what changed when you met me?"

he smiled, lopsided and a tiny bit playful, "I'd do all my paperwork at home, and I'd only leave when you're asleep."

what he meant to say was that he cherished her every waking moment. it was no wonder he always had no sleep.

"Ran, get me water," Rindou interrupts.

"get it yourself."

"I'm eating."

Hikari noticed the way Rin was slightly pouting, and she can't help but feel sorry for him. the girl merely slides her own glass of water toward Rin and he took it appreciatively albeit refusing to meet her eyes.

Ran pretended not to see what he saw as he got up to get water from the fridge—water for Hikari. he didn't wear a shirt, and Hikari's face burned in embarrassment to see his back. it was full of red marks from her nails, a few scratches with dry blood, and as she trained her eyes on his back longer, she also found that red crescents formed at his nape.

it was hot to look at, she can admit that much, but it kind of compromised her dignity to have proof of how good he made her feel last night marked on his back.

Rindou saw it too, and he glanced at Hikari who was gazing at Ran the way she never did with him.

"Hikari," he says for no reason at all.

"hm?"

"why don't you try me?"

Ran froze in disbelief and turned to look at them, already having understood what Hikari was still processing. Hikari raised her brows.

"try what?"

"having sex with me. I can do you better."

"excellent last words, Rin," Ran beamed, "I too, would want to die by being a whore for Hikari."

+++

"they're both insane!"

Hikari was now in Koko's office, her desk adjacent his. but neither were working. they only sat at the couch to drink tea as he listened to the girl's early morning disaster.

"you just noticed it now?" he asks.

"no, for real, they were talking about threesomes, Koko! at six in the fucking morning while I was eating breakfast!"

and it wasn't just a threesome they talked about. she wasn't so surprised that Rin prompted they should all have sex since 'you both are getting all the fun without me.'

but her jaw practically fell open with Ran's response.

"you can do her better? really? all the girls we fucked together before forget you're even there."

and it was around the time when Ran was seriously starting to consider a threesome just to prove he's better did Hikari burst.

she doesn't even remember what she told them, but it was something along the lines of 'you're both insufferable, misogynistic assholes that forget to ask for my opinion all the damn time' and 'Ran, you have some fucking nerve boasting about your past sex life right in front of me.'

"how about a foursome?" Koko smiled innocently.

Hikari almost threw her tea at him if he didn't burst out laughing. if he was serious, she would have really killed him.