Chapter sixty-three

Start from the beginning

When Louis transferred him on the soft sheets of the barely-used bed, Harry realized belatedly that the alpha's knot had finally flagged. He winced at the wetness between his thighs, clamping his eyes shut as a new splurge of Louis' cum mixed in with his own slick dribbled down from his perineum and onto his inner thighs. He couldn't help the whine that escaped his mouth when his befuddled brain grasped the possibility of ruining his alpha's jacket with the amalgamation of their bodily fluids. The jacket was as basic as they came, dark obsidian in color with white sleeves, it had Tomlinson scrawled in bold font on the back of it, the number 17 embroidered proudly above Louis' last name.

He had almost thrown a (rightful) fit over the fact that the jacket had smelt nothing like Louis. He had then made Louis sit on the couch and made him wear the jacket for about an hour (he had also personally doused the jacket with Louis' usual cologne afterwards, but that wasn't of much importance).

"It's not ruining your jacket." Over the thick mist obscuring his senses, he was somehow able to perceive the sloppy kiss Louis planted on the corner of his mouth before a loud thud, undoubtedly the sound of the door slamming shut, rang in his already sensitive ears. He let the words of reassurance float along with the fog in his mind, shifting on the bed to lay on his side, instead. His inner omega instantly picked up on the unfamiliar surroundings as soon as Louis left the room, tears blurring his already distorted vision, hands fisting the foreign sheets tightly.

It wasn't his nest, and that thought alone made him kick off the quilt Louis had covered him with, the hem of the jacket brushing against his bruised mid-thighs; Louis had a weird obsession with his thighs, and he was fond of being marked, it was a win-win situation, really. While he was halfway through plotting a successful escape from the room that seemed so alien to him in this state of mind, the sound of the door hitting the wall had him sitting up on the messy bed. He pushed himself to the top of the bed, breathing heavily as he tried to prepare himself to protect himself and his pup from the danger on the horizon.

The flight-or-fight instinct left his system as promptly as it had entered when he spotted Louis by the doorway, the alpha looking all sorts of bemused. "Why are you being so vigilant today?" Louis asked, pushing himself off from where he was leaning against the doorframe, stepping into the guest room. The first thing Harry noticed was how Louis' hands were devoid of the cheesecake he had requested very nicely, and secondarily, he noticed the nude form of the alpha. As always, Louis was unconcerned with his nudity as he climbed up on the bed, getting under the quilt wordlessly. "Cheesecake?" He couldn't help but ask, twisting his body around to meet Louis' eye, his head tilted to the side. "I thought we had one piece left from yesterday, but I guess you ate it?"

"Mhm, had it when I made you scent the jacket." He nodded earnestly, lying down before he cuddled into Louis' side. "If you knew it was finished then why did you tell me to get you a piece?" His face twisted in a scowl at Louis' rhetoric question. "Because I wanted one?" Louis' chest rumbled with laughter under his cheek. "Maybe, tomorrow?" The alpha proposed softly, undertones of hope detectable in his otherwise nonchalant tone.

"The baby might not want it tomorrow." He pressed, drawing tiny hearts across Louis' chest to distract himself. He did feel like a blood-sucking hellion, but he was extremely tired, and during the last two weeks, he had learned the fact that being tired eventually led to hunger. "It's 2 in the morning." Louis muttered before the alpha exhaled his defeat, "fine, but don't get picky with the store-bought cheesecake." He could only nod his head amidst all the excitement, the thought of finally having a cheesecake after so long was an award-winning melody to his pregnancy-induced ears.

"I never complain!" He called out just as Louis left the guest room, still naked. He hoped Cliff was still sleeping, Harry didn't wish for the poor thing to get scarred for life.